Who should attend
- Finance Directors and Chief Financial Officers
- Planning and Budgeting Managers
- Management Accountants
- Senior Finance Managers
- Tax Managers and Auditors
About the course
Build the skills you need to take your finance career to the next level!
Highly developed finance knowledge and accounting skills and Excel proficiency will only take you so far in your career as a finance professional; but in today’s highly competitive work place those talents will not by themselves be enough to get you in to the C-suite with the real decision makers. Experience shows time and time again that the most successful senior finance professionals only achieve their place at the boardroom table by being masters at interpreting, communicating and presenting financial information to senior colleagues in a way that they can understand.
This Oxford hands-on training course explains and practically demonstrates how to prepare for, plan and deliver financial presentations with real impact to internal and external audiences.
The course has been designed to provide delegates with a comprehensive set of skills and practical tools to interpret and effectively communicate and present financial information to senior non-financial managers.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Produce clear insightful reports using Excel and Powerpoint
- Integrate financial and non-financial performance measures
- Understand audience needs when making financial presentations
- Apply effective communication methods to get your message across
- Make presentations with real impact to internal and external audiences
- Handle difficult questions and challenging people
- Tools and Techniques for Financial Analysis and Interpretation
- Integrating Key Financial and Non-Financial Measures
- Understanding the Needs of Non-Financial Audiences
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Preparing and Planning for Financial Presentations
- Avoiding Common Errors in Financial Presentations
- Tips and Best Practice using Excel and Powerpoint
- Making the most of Graphics in Excel and Powerpoint
- Designing Effective Reports in Excel
- Using Excel to Produce Eye-Catching Dashboards
- Practical Tips for Delivering Presentations with Impact
- Managing "Stage Nerves" before and during Presentations
- Handling Difficult Questions from the Audience
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.