Who should attend
Photographers and enthusiasts who have an interest in editorial or documentary photography and would like to explore it further before committing to a longer course or people looking to improve the documentation of their travels or charity work.
About the course
Telling a story through a series of images is a calculated and precise process that requires a whole range of skills, knowledge and experience. This 3-day course is designed to give you insight into the practice. We will explore the history of photojournalism, analyse the work of renowned and influential photojournalists, then exploring the realities of and opportunities in today’s marketplace.
The course will provide you with the skills to communicate a story effectively by developing your own photo essay. Explore the technicalities and issues surrounding the practice from a working photojournalist who will teach you everything you need to know from taking detailed shots and portraits, how to develop creativity in your images, and understanding the legal and ethical aspects of photojournalism.
- How to communicate a story effectively in a photo essay
- Technical issues surrounding the practice of photojournalism
- Detail shots
- How to develop creativity in your images
- Understanding the legal and ethical aspects of photojournalism
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the history of photojournalism
- Understand today's market place
- Research a story and communicate it visually
- Develop creative, visual and technical abilities
- Edit photographs and create and present a portfolio or photo-essay
Since her postgraduate degree in photojournalism at the London College of Communication, award-winning photographer Teri Pengilley has covered stories around the world, including the conflict in Iraq, girls’ education in Africa, and the devastating Indian Ocean tsunami. Specialising in portraitur...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.