Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to understand and learn the basic principles surrounding the production of video content, whether that be in the form of ads, promos, vlog posts, trailers, or interviews.
About the course
The skills needed to create, commission, edit and distribute film and video are essential to capitalise on film as a key communication tool. BFI and CIM have partnered to enhance the film and video capability of marketing professionals, recognising the breadth of skills required of modern marketers.
This course has been designed to give marketers the techniques, tools and experience to create and commission professional video content and make their budgets go further for their social media, brand development and marketing campaigns.
The ability to create your own content, to understand the language of film and the fundamentals of capturing, editing and promoting video content is a vital skill for anyone working in marketing and communications.
Using a laptop, iPad, smartphone or digital SLR, you will learn to execute key shots, film interviews and vlog posts alongside storyboarding, sound, lighting and editing techniques. This course also introduces key issues around distribution, promotion and rights.
With the technical know-how to create product and brand focused content, you will be able to apply everything you have learned straight away.
- Practical experience of planning, shooting and editing video
- Understand the basics of storytelling and how to create emotion to produce engaging video content
- Understand the preparation and planning that goes into filmed projects, including idea generation, storyboarding, script development, shot lists, planning a shoot and production roles
- Understand the basics of how production quality varies across different devices
- Insight into blocking scenes, lighting and shooting content across short form, social media content and interviews
- This course also introduces key issues around distribution, promotion and rights
The CIM experience
- Expert trainers - Passionate specialists who keep up to date with the latest trends in their field.
- Quality delivery - Trainers are assessed annually on the quality of their delivery and delegate engagement.
- Practical training methods - Theory and practical based training to take back to the office.
- Small class sizes - No more than 15 people to ensure you get the most from our trainers.
- Wide breadth of topics - Marketers should understand marketing as a whole, not just digital.
- 3 learning levels - Principles, Intermediate and Advanced.
Paul gained professional filmmaking experience working in commercials before studying Film and Television Production at The National Film School of Ireland where he learned cinematography and editing skills. His experience in commercials provides him with insight and expertise around creating sho...
Sa-Ra is an award-winning film educator and specialist in digital media, culture and education. She has worked at the cross section of education and digital media for organisations such as the Stedelijk Museum and EYE Filmmuseum in Amsterdam. Sa-Ra has extensive experience of providing digital ma...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.