ICTD International Centre for Training and Development
Understanding Mind map & Memory Techniques
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Mind Maps only contain keywords. This means that the information to remember is prompted by short, memorable words with meaning – not reams of notes!
Mind Maps promote associations and connections. As we know, association is an important way to improve memory. Mind Maps not only encourage association, the connections between your ideas will also be laid out clearly on the page as a visual reminder.
Mind Maps use colour and images, which stimulate your imagination. Imagination is the key secret to improve memory, and the visually exciting nature of a Mind Map full of colours, images and symbols will certainly get your imaginative juices going!
## Course Objectives
- Learn practical Mind Mapping techniques - confidently apply them to your every day process.
- Improve your organizational skills - rather than writing copious pages of notes you'll be able to present information in an organized and easy to follow format.
- Identify and understand a project - Mind Maps offer you a visual (non linear) structure to maximize the thinking potential of your brain.
- Add structure - Mind Maps are a good way to plan and structure projects, presentations, writing and other business tasks.
- Refresh your thinking- the single page format allows you to revisit a subject, refresh it and where required review that subject quickly and easily.
- Involve your challenges - the simple format means others can read, understand and add their own ideas.
- Enhance creativity - promote free thinking and become more creative.
- Improves memory - the structure of a Mind Map makes it easier for you to remember more.
- Aids problem solving - by bringing all of the information together from differing sources to one page.
- Save time - Mind Maps can be adapted to almost any task and will improve efficiency and help you to become more effective.
- Versatility - Mind Maps are so versatile that they can lend themselves to virtually any task in and out of the workplace.
- Your brain - discover how the structure and functions of the brain is mirrored by the design of a Mind Map.
- Learning to learn - understand how we learn new skills and how to overcome the fear of failure.
- How to Mind Map - learn the basic technique of how to construct Mind Maps.
- Practice your Mind Mapping Skills - with a range of note-making, note-taking and learning applications.
- Action Planning - a chance to think through how you are going to use Mind Maps in your work environment and how to benefit from the skills learned on the course.
- Advanced Techniques - an opportunity to develop the Mind Mapping technique and see the power of your thinking expand.
- Mind Mapping Exercises - the opportunity to practice a greater range of applications tailored to your needs.
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Mind Maps can be applied by all levels in an organization. From planning tasks through to solving complex business challenges, we recommend this technique to anyone who cares about their professional development.