Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course intended for Design engineers and engineers working with design related subjects, who need a more detailed knowledge of standard pipeline design and its tasks.
About the course
Modern pipeline design enables the engineer to fully optimize and tailor each pipeline to specific needs. This course will give an understanding of the design philosophy of the pipeline design standard, teach how to perform simple wall thickness design and give an overview of relevant failure modes.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the design philosophy of pipeline standard
- Perform simple wall thickness design
- Gain an overview of relevant failure modes for pipeline design
- Steel Manufacture
- Line pipe fabrication technology (U.O.E. versus Seamless)
- External protection with coatings
- External protection with cathodic protection
- Weight coating
- Buckle arrestors
- Lay barge: pipe handling, storage, preparation, and line up, alignment, clamping and welding stations, tensioner, inspection, Field joint, stinger
- Other Vessels: Anchor Handling tugs , supply vessel, diving support vessel
- J laying
- Towing (the 5 methods)
Protection stabilization and connections
- Protection: Jetting, Trenching, Ploughing
- Connections: Welded connections (hyperbaric welding and above water welding)
- Mechanical connections (flanges, mechanical connections)
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.