Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for pipeline engineers, contractors and/or designer faces.
About the course
This course is a quick reference for day-to-day pipeline operations. For more than 35 years, the Pipeline Rules of Thumb has served as the "go-to" reference for solving even the most day-to-day vexing pipeline workflow problems. Along with over 30% new or updated material regarding codes, construction processes, and equipment, this course continues to offer hundreds of "how-to" methods and handy formulas for pipeline construction, design, and engineering and features a multitude of calculations to assist in problem solving, directly applying the rules and equations for specific design and operating conditions to illustrate correct application, all in one convenient reference.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the overview of pipeline, construction and design
- Discuss the methods of hydrostatic testing, pipeline drying, control valves, sizing valves, corrosion and coatings
- Enumerate types of gas that includes gas general, gas compression, gas hydraulics as well as liquid general and hydraulics
- Explain the functions of pumps and the importance of measurement, instrumentation and leak detection
- Apply economics by using the concepts, formulas and conversion factors
Overview of Pipeline:
- Cables and Ropes
- Belts and Shafts
- Pipeline Pigging
- Project Scoping Data
- Concrete Work
- Pipe Laying
- Pipe Lowering
- Pipeline Welding
- Floodlighting Concepts
- The Benefits and Limitations of Hydrostatic Testing
- Pipeline Dewatering
- Relief Valve Sizing, Selection, Installation and Testing
Sizing Valves for Gas and Vapor
- Advances in Pipeline Protection
- Induced AC Voltages on Pipelines may present a Serious Hazard
- Measuring Unwanted Alternating Current in Pipe
- Considerations for Selecting Energy Measurement Equipment
- Centrifugal Compressor Data
- Marine Hose Data
- Pressure Loss through Valves and Fittings
- Pulsation Control for Reciprocating Pumps
- Key Centrifugal Pump Parameters and How They Impact your Applications
- Gas Measurement
- Developments in Pipeline Instrumentation
- Choosing the Right Technology for Integrated SCADA Communications
- Time Value of Money Concepts and Formulas
- Decision and Evaluation Criteria for Investments and Financial Projects
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Decision Tree Analysis of Investments and Financial Projects
- Accounting Fundamentals
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.