Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for mechanical engineers, process plant and pipeline/piping engineers and inspectors responsible for design, installation, operation, integrity and maintenance of piping systems and pipelines are encouraged to attend this course.
About the course
The design of a pipeline program remains the most important factor in the success of the project. This highly technical training program is intended to teach participants how best to design pipelines given different considerations.
Participants will learn how to assimilate the environment, types of corrosion, the length and types of hydrocarbon, whether oil or gas or refined products (single or multi product pipeline) as well as the pressure requirements in the design of pipelines.
Similarly, the choice of pipeline materials (and or alloys) best suited for above considerations and how to select them will all form the basis for the engineering design.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the mode of deterioration of piping systems and pipelines
- Identify the basic requirements and preparations for piping systems and Pipelines inspection tasks
- Calculate corrosion rate, interval of inspection and similar parameters of piping inspection
- Identify the different methods of piping and pipeline inspection
- Evaluate and analyze the inspection data
- Explain the different methods of piping and pipeline repairs, alteration and rerating
Pipeline Design Standards & Integrity Management
- Standards Development
- Review International Pipeline Codes
- Recent Developments in International Pipeline Codes
- Overview of Pipeline Integrity Management
Pipeline Hydraulics and System Design
- Hydraulics Terms and Definitions
- Systems Design
- Pump & Compressor Design
- Reception Facility Outline Design
Engineering and Design Codes
- Cost and Safety Consideration in Design
- Design Codes and Design Code Requirements
- ISO13623 (Pipeline Design Code) and EN 1594(EU Gas Pipeline Code)
- Design Exercise (a Workshop) Purpose-Built Pipeline Evaluation Process
- Review of Design Basis
- Review Process including: Design and Operations Seconds assessment, integrity assessment such as test margin, stress assessment, inspection and condition data defect assessment, repairs, modifications and future upgrade requirements.
Pipeline Inspection and Pigging
- Using Automated Ultrasonic
- Other Techniques
- Pigging and Preparatory Pigging
- MPL Inspection Vehicle
Internal Corrosion and How to Mitigate Corrosion
- Causes of Internal Corrosion
- Corrosion Data Predictability and Monitoring
- Corrosion Inhibition: Chemical Treatments, Biocides etc.
- Weld Corrosion in Condensate lines
- How to Manage Corrosion
- Case Study
External Corrosion and How to Mitigate Corrosion
- Corrosion Protection Design Consideration
- Coatings and Coating Selection
- Materials Selection Criteria include strength/toughness
- Pipeline Standards
- Pipeline Material Weldability
- Pipeline Manufacturing and Metallurgy
- Example of Manufacturing Process for alloy and clad pipes
- Pipeline Values a. Overview of Valves and Valve Selection Criteria b. Process Fluid Control and Adjustments
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.