Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Melbourne Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Enhance your skills as a new manager with our New Leaders Development program.
Using a combination of practical tools, personal development and peer discussion, we help you boost your self-awareness, confidence and expertise so you can become a more effective leader. You’ll learn how to better support your team through increased impact in areas such as conflict management, performance-building and goal-setting.
You will gain the insights and tools you need to build your personal, team and organisational effectiveness and learn to delegate effectively, manage conflict, lead with confidence, set realistic goals and coach others.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate self-awareness and an understanding of your behavioural impact on others
- Use strategies, pragmatic tools and frameworks to build your confidence and capabilities
- Use your greater personal insights as a new leader to engage and influence others
- Apply newfound knowledge and relationship skills to your leadership role and personal life.
Your program journey is designed to ensure you emerge with new skills and behaviours that are aligned to your learning goals.
- Comprehensive questionnaires, including self-assessment and 360-degree assessments, involving your nominated colleagues
- Access to workshop materials and networking through our online-learning platform
The following key themes are explored:
- Learning and understanding yourself and others
- Your impact on others
- Leadership and teams
- Organisational perspectives
- Leadership in action.
- Meet with your manager to review your pre-workshop conversation and discuss your workshop outcomes, follow up on feedback and apply your personal development plan
- Continued access to materials and facilitators through our online-learning platform.
Who should attend
- New or entry-level middle managers, team leaders and supervisors, or those transitioning into a leadership role
- Managers who have had little leadership development
Trust the experts
Edmund is an experienced leadership professional with a strong personal and interpersonal development focus. He has a passion for ensuring sustained, pragmatic and realistic learning for both individuals and organisations. Edmund is a challenging, yet empathetic, feedback consultant. Edmund is a ...
Karen is a board director, leadership facilitator and executive coach and is passionate about helping businesses and individuals optimise their potential. She is an External Board Advisor for The Spotlight Group and a Non-Executive Director for Hallenstein Glasson Holdings. Karen brings a deep ...
Ilona is a consulting psychologist, facilitator and executive coach with extensive organisational experience in both the public and private sectors providing consultancy, workshop design and facilitation, coaching and counselling services. Expertise/Specialisation Leadership, People and Culture ...
Formerly a senior psychologist for the Australian Defence Force, Jackie has extensive experience helping people improve their ability to cope with conflict and change, enhance resilience and increase self-awareness.