Who should attend
This Oxford training course combines role-play learning, practical insights, discussions and leading edge theoretical concepts. It is designed for anyone who wishes to enhance his or her negotiation skills and make negotiation a more rewarding and effective part of their job function.
This training course will therefore benefit ambitious:
- Management Teams
- Team Members
About the course
Our ability to negotiate and manage conflict effectively is amongst the most valuable skills we can develop to improve our organisational performance. These skills enable us to negotiate better deals, managed teams and projects more efficiently, and interact more constructively with customers, clients and colleagues.
This 5-day Oxford training course provides valuable insight into the negotiation and conflict management processes and delivers highly effective practical tools that can be used in a range of situations. Delegates will leave this course having significantly improved their ability to add value through negotiation and conflict management and will have enhanced their capacities as negotiators, managers and leaders.
The goals for participants attending this Oxford training course are to be able to:
- Think analytically and strategically about negotiation and conflict management
- Understand a personal negotiation and conflict management style assessment that provides valuable insight into how to improve performance
- Efficiently plan and prepare for negotiations to realise better outcomes
- Implement effective practical negotiation strategies in a range of situations
- Add value through the negotiation and conflict management processes by using mediation techniques
- Enhance a vital leadership, management and personal skills that impact on performance across all aspects of their professional lives
Amongst a range of detailed topics, the following broad areas will be covered:
- Negotiation - Assessing and Understanding Personal Style
- Conflict - Escalation and Steps to Prevent it
- Key Practical Negotiation Strategies
- Value Claiming and Value Creating Negotiation Behaviours
- Planning and Preparing to Negotiate
- The Four Phases of Negotiation
- The Sources of Negotiating Power
- Interpreting Body Language and Nonverbal Communication
- Techniques of the Mediator – Practical Mediation Skills
- Advice for Cross-Cultural and International Negotiations
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.