Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Well, on paper it was a great idea. This project could take your company right up to the big leagues and provide your product line with the kind of clout that might even shake up the industry.
There have been questions about which division is reporting to whom, and even within senior management there seems to still be confusion about both the schedule and the budget. It now looks like this wonderful project could end up in nothing! What can you do?
By the end of this training course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Learner’s strengths and weaknesses and how to reduce their weaknesses and improve their strengths.
- Recognise a good & bad negotiation and be able to thoroughly explain why.
- Prepare for every negotiation using a structured approach.
- Identify which stage of the negotiation the learner is in, during a negotiation.
- Have improved confidence when negotiating.
- Use a variety of tools to reduce deadlock, solve problems and get the learner’s points across more effectively
The Criticality of Successful Negotiations
- Why are we here?
- Our responsibilities as agents
- Negotiation skill sets
- Who wins negotiations
- The most important thing to remember in negotiations
- Steps in negotiation preparation
- Comparing approaches in negotiations
- What gets negotiated
- Timing as an issue
- Negotiation exercise
Soft Skills for Successful Negotiation
- Creative response
- Cooperation Power
- Managing Emotions
Approached to Successful Negotiations
- The win-win situations
- Willingness to resolve
- Mapping the conflict and designing options
- Broadening perspectives
Approaches to Successful Negotiations
- Optimizing business results in a recession
- Shaping an effective negotiation strategy
- Business negotiation as an organizational capability
- Aligning negotiation strategy to execute on corporate business strategy
- Gaining competitive advantage through negotiation strategy and process
- Dealing with organizational negotiation challenges: price, complexity, internal and external stakeholders
Best Practices in Negotiation
- Leading edge and best practices in complex negotiation preparation
- Achieving optimal negotiation outcomes in complex negotiations
- Team based decision making and roles definition – managing the process
- Preparing for multiparty and cross cultural negotiations
- Creating and managing coalitions
- Multi issue negotiations
- Protect your interests
- Minimizing contractual risks
- Structuring the key elements of the deal
- Managing the contract: negotiating contract variations
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
If you want to develop effective skills to improve communication, encourage collaboration, build trust, defuse manipulative tactics and manage change proactively within your group, this is the class for you. Building on case studies, small group exercises and videotaped role-plays, this seminar allows you to practice new skills as you learn them and develop a plan that you can take back to the job and use immediately.