Who should attend
- Leaders and managers who want to remain adaptive, relevant and get themselves future-fit by leveraging powerful people and critical thinking skills - thereby improving their personal leadership capabilities and team performance.
- Facilitators who are required to work individuals and teams who are operating within fast paced, dynamic environments.
- Change agents who need to drive change initiatives.
About the course
Equipping leaders, managers, facilitators and change agents with the skills to steer themselves and others during times of complexity and change Brought to you by Coaching@GIBS – the business of being human
2020 has called leaders to the frontline. As technology, globalisation and a pandemic disrupts industries and jobs, you need to respond with agility, resilience and courage.
In today's dynamic environment, navigating and leading successful change is no longer a luxury. It is a necessity. This course develops key skills that will enable you to master managing change. You will learn about practical frameworks and tools to analyse, understand and use disruption to your advantage. You will practice strategies to facilitate meaningful conversations to empower and connect people.
Organisational success depends on your ability as leader, coach or change agent to master the art of change, from that of the individual to the greater system.
Change leadership is much more than change management.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand and navigate the new world of work with greater ease, impact and resilience
- Apply critical thinking skills to optimise leadership performance during times of change;
- Maintain and improve team performance during times of change;
- Analyse different types of change to apply the appropriate skills for best results;
- Examine and understand people's attitudes towards change - from early adopters to hard-core resisters – to foster buy-in and loyalty from teams and customers;
- Understand the enablers and derailers of change to best prepare your organisation for success;
- Understand the importance of personal mastery as a foundation of navigating change; and
- Understand how leading with empathy drives results.
- Building and improving adaptive capacity;
- Increasing resilience;
- Improving wellbeing and effective stress management;
- Enhancing your own and your team’s emotional and social intelligence;
- Expanding your competitive edge;
- Harnessing change to drive creativity and innovation;
- Creating a climate that fosters growth mind-sets;
- Understanding the different types of change and the different styles of leadership response that is required;
- Embracing diversity and inclusivity as a leader;
- Building empathy and leading by influence;
- Having crucial conversations;
- Sense-making through systems and critical thinking;
- Creatively solving complex problems &Thinking strategically.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.