Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Chief Executives, directors and senior managers from all types of organisations and industry sectors
- Individuals that are directly responsible for the formation of strategy for their organisation or unit
- The major criterion for attending this programme is that you have, or will shortly assume, strategic responsibility for an organisation or company division.
About the course
The Director as Strategic Leader programme provides you with knowledge and techniques to determine a clear, strategic direction for your organisation and implement strategic actions.
It will help you better understand the corporate dynamics of top management teams and allow you to constructively reflect on your personal approach to leadership.
Tuition, course materials and lifelong access to Alumni Membership Benefits are included in the price of this course.
What you will learn
- A set of implementable initiatives which progress both your organisation’s strategic development and your personal leadership agendas
- Insights into strategic thinking and associated techniques to address the questions that keep leaders awake at night
- Greater appreciation of the big picture issues and how to address them effectively
- Opportunity to reflect on your own challenges as a leader and how you can exercise strategic leadership within your organisation.
- Strategic thinking at a corporate level
- Gaining and sustaining competitive advantage
- Identifying your organisation’s development needs
- Strategic leadership in the private, public and not-for-profit context
- Navigating due diligence, corporate finance, private equity, corporate governance and the market for corporate control
- Assessing the systemic nature of strategic interventions and the management of change
- Understanding the nature of authority and power in strategic leadership
- Your leadership journey: how it shapes you and how you can shape it.
Background John was Director of the Executive MBA from 2002 – 2004 and the Full-time MBA from 2004 – 2007. He has worked extensively in the area of executive education in the UK and globally. John has published over 30 commissioned reports for a variety of corporate clients and more than 50 aca...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.