About the course
Learn the concrete techniques you can use to improve employee engagement and move your organization closer to its overall goals. Realizing these goals often requires every employee to perform at potential, yet motivating others is one of the most fundamental challenges leaders face. In this session we will identify the myths and misconceptions of human motivation, present some key motivational frameworks, and introduce cutting-edge research into the science of motivation. We’ll explore the four levers available to managers that drive employee engagement: incentives and rewards, positive team culture, meaningful work, and fairness and consistency from management.
- The misconceptions surrounding human motivation
- The four primary drivers of motivation: reward system, team culture, job design, and performance management processes
- How use the power of progress and small wins to push through challenges and foster resilience
- The elements of meaningful work
- Understand and effectively apply intrinsic and extrinsic motivators in managing individuals
- Boost employee motivation and engagement to reliably achieve better outcomes
- Foster resilience and keep your team moving forward through obstacles and setbacks
- Know when and how to adjust jobs and roles to get results and boost engagement
Area of Expertise: Critical Thinking, Motivation, Innovation and Growth, Organizational Behavior, Team Development, Critical Thinking, Innovation and Growth, Motivation Research Interests: The determinants of the various activities (i.e., problem formulation, idea generation, solution im...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.