Developing High Performing People
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kellogg School of Management.Full disclaimer.
People-Focused Strategy & Alignment
Guided by our expert faculty, you and your fellow nonprofit executives will be challenged to examine your personal values, and explore how to understand emotional intelligence and the role it plays in having difficult yet effective conversations.
You'll learn how to develop and align your organization with a people-focused strategy, how to inspire others to grow professionally, in challenging times and how to prepare the organization for the inevitability of transition in both full-time and volunteer leadership. Leave equipped to make an even more positive impact on the people you lead and serve your organization's ability to fulfill its mission.
- Think strategically about the people resources of your organization
- Learn to communicate your values to all stakeholders
- Understand the importance of a leadership succession plan for the paid and volunteer leaders of your organization
- Understand what makes confrontations in the work place difficult
- Master strategies for approaching confrontation, instead of avoiding it
- Practice and perfect your style of handling difficult conversations
- Learn to shift perspectives to a learning conversation
Engaged: The Art & Science of Sustaining Motivation
- Gain keen insight into how to motivate people to do their best and keep their heads, hearts and hands engaged once they’ve come onboard
- Learn by leveraging insights from the social and behavioral sciences to offer strategies for how to prevent demotivating talent
- Discuss how to drive sustained engagement at every level of the organization
- Know how to transform your organization’s culture into a competitive advantage in the competition for top talent
Transition & Succession – Developing Strong Leaders Internally
- Developing staff for growth
- Managing transition within
- Managing leadership transition
Dimensions of Team Performance: Communication, Collective Intelligence and Decision Making
- Understand interpersonal processes and structural characteristics that influence the effectiveness of teams
- Examine the dynamics of intra-team relationships, and sharing of knowledge and information in teams
- Develop strategies for effective communication and team decision making experientially
Who should attend
- Middle, upper and senior-level executives of nonprofit organizations
- Leaders who must motivate and energize others in an organizational setting.