Who should attend
The course has been designed for marketing professionals, business owners and entrepreneurs looking for a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of marketing.
About the course
CIM has created this new online course to cover the core knowledge and skills that are essential to every professional marketer. There are 12 modules, which have been developed by CIM and reviewed by expert practitioners who are recognised thought-leaders in their respective fields.
We will look at:
- The role of marketing and how it contributes to business success
- Consumer purchasing behaviour and decision-making unit (DMU)
- How situation analysis defines your marketing environment
- Working with marketing mix models (4Ps and 7Ps)
- Plan an effective marketing communications campaign
- Measuring the effectiveness and performance of the campaign.
This flexible course is built around 6 hours of online content and you will have access to the content for twelve months.
- The Role of Marketing: How marketing is defined and how it contributes to the overall business goals of an organisation
- Customer Behaviour: Buyer behaviour and the differences between consumer (B2C) and organisational (B2B) decision-making units
- The Marketing Environment: Modelling the external and internal factors that that influence marketing operations (PESTEL and SWOT)
- Market Research: How market research insights inform the planning process and optimise targeting and communications decisions
- Marketing Mix: How to deliver the right product, at the right price, to right audience, in the right place (4Ps and 7Ps)
- Products & Services: How marketing planning varies according to the type of product or service you are selling
- Types of Customer: Understanding different types of customers and consumers and the purpose and methods of segmenting customers
- How Customers Buy: How customers make purchasing decisions and how relationships with customers are developed
- Marketing Communications: How to plan an effective marketing communications campaign, set clear objectives, develop messaging and target the right audience
- Customer Communications: Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of key marketing channels including digital marketing, brand advertising, direct marketing and PR
- Communications Plan: How to create a customer communications plan; setting SMART objectives, using the 7Cs of communications and determining the campaign budget
- Metrics & Evaluation: How to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of a communications plan and identifying KPIs for the different communications channels
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.