Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Up to 70% of earnings can be at risk from political factors according to a 2014 McKinsey study. Political risks such as governments imposing new taxes, sudden changes in government policy, popular opposition to oil and gas projects, civil unrest or other political priorities distracting from key decisions on energy policy can all lead to delays and undermine the economics of oil and gas projects. Strategic management of these risks can mean the difference between success and failure of a project and can make a material difference to the value realized.
This Oxford course provides participants with a thorough understanding of the assessment and management of political risks in the oil and gas sector. Oil and gas sectors are bombarded with information and analysis on political factors from governments, community groups, experts, media, social media and their own network of contacts. This course shows you how to identify what will really have an impact on your business and what you can do about it. The course provides tools to identify and analyse political risks and the specific implications for your project or business. It also provides strategies and tactics for managing political risk and creating win-win solutions.
On this Oxford course, participants will learn:
- Recent trends and developments in sources of Political Risk
- In-depth insight into how to analyse and mitigate political risks facing your business;
- The ability to implement a fit for purpose strategy to manage political risk;
- Knowledge of a wide range of tools and tactics to improve your ability to manage political risks;
- The latest ideas and concepts to mitigate Political Risk
- Insight into how to create synergies with other functions within your organisation and with external parties.
- Understand the Sources of Political Risk and the Role of Different Political Actors
- Enhance Awareness of Best Practice in Political Risk Management
- Improve the Ability to Analyse and Mitigate Political Risk
- Improve the Capability for Implementing Effective Political Risk Management Strategies
- Improve the Organisation’s Capability to Map and Understand its Stakeholders
- Improve Ability to Identify and Implement Win-Win Solutions to Manage Political Risk
- Enhance Capability to Use a wide range of Tools and Strategies to Manage Political Risk
- Increase Knowledge of Global Trends in Political Risk
- Learn How to Use of Scenarios to Anticipate and Manage Political Risk
- Improve Collaboration with Other Functions to Manage Political Risk
Who should attend
All Oil and Gas Managers who want to ensure the success of their project including:
- Country Managers
- Asset Managers
- Project Managers
- Operations Managers
- New Venture Managers
- Risk Managers
- Government Relations Managers
- Political Risk Analysts
- External Relations Managers