Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
If you are a Manager in an international organization or company with more than 3 years’ experience, and wants to gain insights into what motivates people with different cultural backgrounds, this programme is for you.
About the course
Managing people, attracting, motivating and retaining best talent in the current knowledge economy can be very challenging! Multicultural teams in international companies add great value to organizations but getting the most of everybody's talents requires managers that have effective people management skills to have motivated and efficient teams and employees.
Teams are often located in different parts of the world and need to perform with less resources. How can you be a great manager in an international company? How do you define roles and get the best performance out of each individual on your team? How do you make sure your team supports the business objectives? How do you motivate people with different expectations and business experience? How do you manage in a global context with multicultural teams located in different parts of the world?
Register to this intensive 4-day people management training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions. Gain insights into what motivates different people, as well as learn pragmatic tools and methods for delegation, feedback and coaching to help you hire and retain your best performers.
This people management training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your people management skills in international and multicultural environments. You will gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your people management skills & competencies and be able to:
- Adapt your management style to the cultural diversity of your team
- Use effective delegate techniques to adjust to the different cultural differences of your team
- Set goals in an international environment and make sure all your team members are aligned around the overall goal of your team
- Conduct effective performance reviews taking into consideration the different cultural backgrounds
- Understand coaching processes and use new techniques to coach people in your team
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise using real-world examples over 4 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Managing People in an International Environment is a 4-days hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies. This programme is delivered in a blended format: including pre-work activities, interaction and post-training action planning.
Pre-Work: Pre-work includes: 1 online assessment (Insights Discovery Personal Profile Assessment) and some self-study including reading and videos.
4-Day Classroom Programme:
Module 1: You as a People Manager
- expectations from senior management and from own team)
- Workplace Trends
- Emotional Intelligence
- Context of your job: strategic goals and priorities
- Teams Diversity: personal styles, cultural differences, Generation differences, organizational culture
- Evening assignment
Module 2: Building a High Performance Team
- Attracting Talent
- Competencies (knowledge, skills, behaviour)
- Role Plays
- Team Development
- Daily Performance: delegation, feedback, poor performance management
- Team Building Exercise
Module 3: Managing Performance
- Annual performance management process
- Objective setting
- Performance reviews
- Strengths vs. weaknesses “What Great Managers Do”
- Evening assignment: The Learning Styles Assessment
Module 4: Developing and Retaining Your Team
- Development Planning and Learning Styles
- Retention and Career Planning
- Stress Management
- Peer Feedback exercise
- Key learning points and action planning
The course content will include the following assessments:
- Insights Discovery online self-assessment
- Learning Styles assessment (based on Honey & Mumford’s 4 learning styles)
Following this course, participants will need to:
- Create a personal action plan of 3 learning points to implement when they are back at work.
Prior to joining “Harlan” (2004-2010) and for 22 years, Damien held senior management positions as Manager Financial Controls, CFO, Deputy General Manager and General Manager in companies across several industries (construction, telecommunications, energy, life sciences). These companies were mai...
Rajeev Aggarwal has 24 years of international corporate experience in various Leadership and Sales roles, which he combines with 11 years of successful experience in Management Development and Coaching . While working on senior management positions for MNCs like PepsiCo, Frito-Lay International, ...
Hanna is a facilitator, trainer and consultant with 20 years of experience in Line Management, Consulting and HR. Her core expertise is in Organizational Change programs through Performance Management, Training and Communications. She has experience of major change initiatives working on all leve...
Christian’s experience in Leadership, Strategy Implementation and Sales Management has been built over a career of 25 years in key Sales and General Management roles in the Banking industry, from Branch Manager to Distribution Head. He has a proven track record of being an agent of change, positi...
Alexander Teixeira de Mattos is a facilitator and consultant with a wide experience working on personal and team development, in many different industries, at levels ranging from the boardroom to the first line leaders. His passion lies in helping people grow in order to make their business grow....
Stephane brings to MCE more than 30 years of leadership experience in the natural resource extraction and product manufacturing industries with exposure to joint-ventures, affiliate management, large operations and projects. He covered a broad line management scope, including Managing Director an...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.