Who should attend
The Oxford course is designed for anyone who is an acting or aspiring project professional in any sector of industry and/or business, including the service industry. The course is appropriate for those who have some project work experience or those who desire to learn project skills to be able to better manage their work of requirements. It would be very valuable to:
- Current Project Team Members
- Business Planners
- Technical Professionals and Engineers moving into Project Leadership
- Project managers
- IT Project managers
- Project Planners
- Project Coordinators
- Customer Relationship Managers whose outsourced work is managed by supplier projects
About the course
What is the point in working hard and applying the best technical practices if you are not doing what the customer wants or needs? Establishing projects to deliver business needs is a valuable and widely accepted mechanism in today’s business environment. Typical business needs include continuous improvement initiatives, new product development, meeting customer requests etc. Turning these needs into distinct measurable and controllable project requirements enables the business to successfully deliver each project requirement and ultimately achieve the business need or requirement.
This Oxford training course uses world-wide standard project management processes to establish requirements clearly and then shows delegates how to plan and control each requirement delivery. Finally, verification that the full business requirement has been met is explained using tools such as the requirements traceability matrix.
By attending this course you should learn how to:
- Understand the foundational context of requirements in strategic leadership
- Discover how to properly initiate a project to establish the requirements process
- Communicate effectively to elicit and document stakeholder requirements
- Analyze, verify and validate project requirements
- Refine, manage and control changes to requirements
The Oxford course aims to provide delegates with an understanding of how and why requirements management is fundamental to effective planning, control and ultimately project success. To achieve this goal, the high-level course structure includes the following topics:
- Project skills for a Requirements World
- Project Leadership in Defining and Managing Requirements
- Collecting Project Requirements
- Managing Project Requirements
- Stakeholder Communication and Verification of Requirements Delivery and Acceptance
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.