Who should attend
Systems analysts, business analysts, requirements analysts, developers, software engineers, IT project managers, project managers, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, program managers, testers, and QA specialists.
About the course
Learn to use requirements to meet business and stakeholder needs.
Your projects success depends on your ability to develop and document project requirements.
In this course, you will learn to follow a practical methodology of developing, documenting, and managing your project requirements. With a hands-on approach, you will work through the requirements process from start to finish. You will learn how to distinguish one type of requirement from another, and how your writing must change in each. You will also learn steps for sign-off, and how to manage the requirements baseline.
- Document the Current Environment and Proposed Scope for Case Study
- Create Charter and ID Team
- Identify Stakeholders for Case Study
- Case Study: Create Elicitation Plan, Create Interview Event, Create Workshop Event
- Case Study: Modeling Functional Requirements: Use Diagrams, Data Modeling, ERD
- Develop Requirements Document Templates
- Develop Requirements Change Flowchart
- Critique and Make Improvements to a Case Study Requirements Document
What You Will Cover
- Types of requirements including business, stakeholder, functional, nonfunctional, and transition requirements
- Elicitation techniques including their advantages and disadvantages for the various requirements stakeholders
- Analysis and modeling of requirements
- Types of requirement documents
- Best practices for requirements writing
- How to avoid requirements writing pitfalls
- Steps for requirements verification, validation, and sign-off
- Requirements management processes including data management, tracing, and change management
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.