Who should attend
Learning to Lead is designed for those who have moved into a leadership role within the last two years, or about to transition into a leadership role. It is also beneficial for experienced leaders who want to refresh their skills and stay in touch with contemporary leadership practices.
About the course
Moving into a leadership role is one of the biggest steps you will make in your career, and you will need to overcome a number of challenges to make that transition a success. Leaders must be able to navigate a unique set of cultural, social, and economic forces to stay ahead of the competition. They need to be in touch with technological advances, interchanging world views, shifting workplace structures, increased workforce expectations, changing demographics, and expanding skill requirements.
Learning to Lead is a two-day course designed for those who have moved into a leadership role within the last two years, or about to transition into a leadership role.
The course focuses on developing your personal leadership style and covers key topics, including managing tasks and performance, handling conflict, developing teams, and leadership and communication styles. It will equip you with the critical skills needed to make the transition from an individual contributor to a successful leader.
Using real-life examples, practical techniques, and group activities, you will gain a snapshot of contemporary leadership challenges, and take away a practical toolkit of essential leadership skills. Importantly, you will explore what effective leadership in your organisation looks like and develop an individual action plan to reinforce your learning and achieve success as a leader.
Building your capability through
After completing the course, you will know how to:
- define your personal leadership style
- take personal ownership for the accountability of results
- apply cognitive, emotional, and social intelligence skills as a leader
- identify the key elements of successful change
- build and cultivate high-performing teams
- communicate effectively and convincingly to all levels of your organisation
- apply new learning to influence others and improve organisational performance
- implement appropriate communication, conflict management, and influencing skills to build relationships and achieve effective results
- articulate a clear understanding of an organisation and its relationship to strategy, purpose, and the global environment
- identify the key leadership skills needed to implement and execute organisational strategy and organisational change.
Peter is a specialist in business psychology and process facilitation. He is the owner of ECue, a boutique executive coaching, leadership, and team performance consultancy. Prior to becoming a management consultant, Peter held roles in finance, marketing and sales, and manufacturing at Coca Cola ...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.