Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is ideal for those in or about to take on their first leadership role. Most participants have some management experience (usually less than 5 years) while some are just gearing up to take on a leadership role.
3 years management experience on average
- Decision-makers with limited in-person and virtual management experience.
- Individuals who wish to adjust their leadership style and acquire new tools to lead effective teams.
About the course
Transform from a contributor to a high–performing leader, and make the best possible start to your leadership journey.
New responsibilities need new skills
Develop the tools, mindset and frameworks to achieve results through others in today’s digital workplace.
Benefits for you
- Transition from individual contributor to inspirational leader.
- Develop a toolkit of practical skills to give feedback, negotiate, deal with conflict and plan projects.
- Get the best results from your teams; personal professional coaches show you how.
- Explore your leadership style and understand your strengths and weaknesses with psychometric profiling.
- Become part of a global network of emerging leaders from a broad range of industries who are on the same journey.
- Benefit from one-to-one coaching.
Benefits for your organisation
- Improve organisational performance and business results through stronger team leadership.
- Develop a pipeline of effective leaders.
- Witness teams function more effectively and employee engagement grow, both in-person and remotely.
Go from individual contributor to inspiring leader
Leverage your strengths as a leader to build a collaborative and supportive remote team environment.
What you learn
Three key themes run through the programme, each developing a vital set of skills needed to lead teams successfully:
- Leadership: Undergo a personality assessment for unique insight into your leadership style and the effect your approach may have on others.
- Teams: Learn about the behaviours that build a collaborative and supportive team environment and develop your social awareness to successfully manage conflict.
- Delivering results: Build a skillset to get results through others; achieve this through project planning, negotiation, coaching, influencing and action planning.
How you learn
- Our globally-acclaimed faculty arm you with a toolkit for the real-world, giving you instantly applicable skills to face challenges now.
- Gain from our faculty’s industry experience and expertise to make your leadership transition as smooth and successful as possible.
- Immerse yourself in team simulations to put your learning into immediate action for instant results.
Your learning experience
- Before you start, you complete the NEO PI-R personality assessment to help build your self-awareness.
- Develop your social awareness skills and self-knowledge throughout the programme.
- A combination of theory and practice embeds learning and makes it impactful.
- Learn from top management scholars, such as Niro Sivanathan who shares his award-winning research on psychology of the self and decision-making.
London or Online
- Experience our world-class Executive Education programmes at our central London campus.
- Immerse yourself in experiential activities, collaborative group exercises and face-to-face networking opportunities with your peers, guest speakers and our world-class faculty.
- For programme iterations running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- Learn in the heart of London and access campus amenities.
- Bring the LBS experience to you with live virtual learning led by our world-class faculty.
- Join a dynamic virtual classroom, where you’ll be immersed in experiential activities and collaborative group work with your peers, while learning from and interacting with our leading faculty and guest speakers.
- For programmes running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- After completion, online participants will have the chance to join us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with classmates and insightful sessions with LBS faculty.
Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour BA (Queen’s), MSc (Queen’s), PhD (Northwestern) Dr Niro Sivanathan’s research and teaching have received international recognition. His research explores how the psychology of the self – specifically our motivation to maintain the integrity of the...
Dr Selin Kesebir’s research interests include cooperation, gender, morality and inequality. She teaches Negotiations in her role as Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour, of London Business School. Prior to joining the School she was a Post-doctoral Research Associate at UVa’s Darden Sc...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.