Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Leading for Results is designed for executives who can impact organisational results by inspiring extraordinary achievement. Participants are typically middle or senior managers with more than six years’ experience managing people. They have significant line or functional responsibilities, often crossing multiple countries, and high potential for more senior leadership positions.
The programme is particularly beneficial for those who have already made the transition from managing individual contributors to managing other managers.
About the course
Lead your people for results
In today’s fast-paced world, the ability to pursue ambitious plans and initiatives by gaining the support of others can be a key determinant of business success. Great leaders accomplish great results by setting direction, inspiring action, aligning resources and developing the capabilities of a team. How these skills are applied varies according to the environment and business context.
Leading for Results is a unique development programme that provides experienced managers with crucial skills for performance-oriented leadership in a globalised business environment. The programme will equip you with a concrete strategy for transforming your leadership abilities. You will learn how to communicate a compelling vision that will inspire others to perform beyond even their own expectations.
By improving your effectiveness in giving feedback, offering rewards and coaching, you will learn how to create and sustain team momentum and manage periods of change, conflict or crisis. More importantly, you will learn how to create a culture of achievement that not only promotes long-term growth but also develops future generations of leaders.
How you benefit
- Recognise your leadership style: Develop clear insights into the strengths and weaknesses of your leadership style.
- Roadmaps for performance-oriented results: Access resources for creating vision and setting direction to guide individuals, teams and organisations to create a high-performance culture.
- Frameworks to activate teams: Learn frameworks for inspiring people and motivating them to perform better.
- Motivational tools: Gain tools for energising individuals, teams and organisations.
Leading for Results goes beyond discussions of leadership capabilities and focuses on transforming experienced managers into leaders who will set direction and provide a results-oriented vision for teams and individual employees.
Participants are required to take part in a detailed self-assessment and 360° feedback prior to starting the programme and, three months after the programme, faculty follow up with participants on their personal action plans to check on the implementation process. During their time at INSEAD, participants are taken through case studies, group discussions and will explore themes including the following.
- Characteristics of a challenging vision and strategy
- Communicating vision, direction and strategy
- Designing a results-oriented organisational structure
- Developing high-performance cultures
- Aligning goals and sustaining focus
- Creating high-performance teams
- Elevating motivation and performance by aligning rewards
- Leading by leveraging emotions
- Developing interpersonal, communication and motivation skills
- Developing yourself with peer consulting and feedback
- Developing others through effective coaching and mentoring
- Mapping your future
Jose Luis Álvarez is Senior Affiliate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD. He teaches in the MBA Program (where he received three times the Best Teacher Award) and executive education programmes, such as AVIRA, the Advanced Management Programme, the Leadership Transition Programme and...
Noah Askin is an Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD, where he teaches the organisational design and leadership core course in the MBA program. His teaching focuses primarily on firms’ organisational-strategic alignment, leading and experiencing organisational change, managi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.