Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Anyone who leads or works with other people, no matter the size of the organization
- Mid- to senior-level leaders who want to hone their leadership and interpersonal skills
- Leaders who want to create a collaborative community within their organization through building relationships and creating and sustaining an ethical culture
About the course
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is integral to effective leadership. Leaders with EI are keenly aware of their emotions and the emotions of others, and they use those insights to lead, engage and empower those around them. This program will help you hone your EI to make a bigger impact in your organization and become a stronger leader.
Discover what truly motivates and inspires you in this two-day program, which will challenge you to look inwardly and learn how to tune into the emotional needs of those around you. Surrounded by a group of supportive peers, you will complete introspective work to increase your self-awareness, gain new insights about others and take your leadership skills to the next level. Program participants are asked to leave preconceived notions at the door and bring an open mind to developing new talents for personal and professional benefit.
In this program you will:
- Learn about practices that help encourage ethical behavior in organizations.
- Study concepts of emotional intelligence as they relate to leadership capabilities and effectiveness.
- Learn about the role of personal and company values in building and sustaining relationships with employees and customers.
- Gain tools to develop an emotionally intelligent and ethical workforce.
- Discuss exceptional companies that have developed and sustained their competitive edge by using emotional intelligence techniques.
Dr. Abe is the David Eccles School of Business Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative Director and Professor (Lecturer) of Organizational Behavior in the Department of Entrepreneurship and Strategy. Along with his academic qualifications, he has more than 35 years of management and leadership experience ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.