Certified Team Leader
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Your success as a manager can often depend on how well your team operates. How are their problem-solving skills? Are they enthusiastic and motivated to do their best? Do they work well together? There have been hundreds of studies demonstrating that human beings function better and learn better in groups. Teams are an important building block of successful organizations. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance, or other similar goals, teams are the basic unit that supports most organizations. With teams at the core of corporate strategy, your success as an organization can often depend on how well you and other team members operate together. How are your problem-solving skills? Is the team enthusiastic and motivated to do its best? Do you work well together?
Leaders also represent an important force. You have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who work for you. You are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organization. You usually have more experience and more skill than the employees you supervise, because management tends to look for super people to fill those roles.
Self-leadership requires a commitment from individuals to decide what they want from life and to do what’s necessary to get the results they want.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Promote trust and rapport by exploring team player styles.
- Build an effective and empowered team.
- Examine the work practices of high performing teams.
- Gain new insights into creating a motivating team environment.
- Implement strategies for improving team relationships.
- Develop strategies for implementing changes within a team.
- Recognize types of virtual teams.
- List critical success factors of a virtual team.
The Team Leadership Challenge
- Growing Popularity of Teams in Organizations
- 21st Century Team Definition
- Skills of Effective Team Leaders
- Characteristics of Effective Team Leaders
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Leadership Styles: Self Analysis
- Techniques for Increasing Team Effectiveness
Building a High-Performance Team
- Recipe for Successful Teams
- From Involvement to Empowerment
- Types of Effective Teams
- Stages of Team Growth
- Understanding Roles and Responsibilities of a Team
- Exploring High Performance Teams
Inspiring Teams to Better Performance
- Identifying Team Member’s Roles
- Aligning Individual and Team Motivators
- The Motivation Mix
- Creating a Supportive Environment
- Energizing your Team
Sustainable Strategies for Improving Team Relationships
- Identifying Effective Team Communication
- Planning Team Communication Lines
- Using Different Communication Methods
- Enhancing Teamwork
- Managing Team Conflicts
- Team Problem-Solving
- Phases of Team Problem-Solving
- Tools for Making Effective Team Decisions
The Team Leader’s Role in Managing Change
- Key Factors in Successful Change
- The Four Room Apartment Strategy
- Helping the Team Move through the Stages of Change
- Handling Reactions to Change
- Strategies for Dealing with Change
Managing Virtual Teams
- Definition of Virtual Teams
- Need for Virtual Teams
- Types of Virtual Teams
- Benefits and Challenges of a Virtual Team
- Critical Success Factors of a Virtual Team
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for building and maintaining effective teams in the work environment