Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Leading Organisations in Disruptive Times is designed for senior executives and general managers responsible for setting and implementing the strategic direction of their organisation. It is also relevant for executives preparing to transition into such roles.
About the course
Driving change and influencing networks
In a digitised environment characterised by rapid and continual disruption, it is critical for organisations to be agile and quickly respond to change. As a result, businesses require leaders who are not only effective interpersonally, but who can also manage increasingly complex organisations.
Effective leaders today must be able to make decisions faster and lead change efficiently, while skilfully influencing in a more interconnected, collaborative landscape. Additionally, they need to foster a “digital-ready” organisational culture that embraces – rather than resists – continuous change.
Leading Organisations in Disruptive Times is an online programme that takes a closer look at the challenges facing senior leaders today– from conducting fair decision-making processes to enabling their organisations to navigate wider political and cultural challenges.
Building on cutting-edge research, the programme will develop your ability to drive faster decision-making, accelerate change processes, and cut through difficult cultural challenges. It will provide you with a set of concepts and tools enabling you to lead your organisation with impact and efficiency – maximising its performance in changing times.
How you benefit
- Understand the key challenges senior leaders face in leading more complex organisations
- Learn practical tools (including the Fair-Process Leadership approach) for helping teams make critical decisions
- Improve your ability to manage large, formal change management processes
- Examine power and influence dynamics in organisations, including effective network development
- Acquire skills for discerning the organisational culture you really have – not just the one you wish for – and how to shape that culture
Leading Organisations in Disruptive Times is an online programme delivered over 5 weeks that combines video lectures, real-life examples, discussions, quizzes and an Action Learning Project to bring the key concepts to life. The content is divided into four key topics and covers the more traditional ‘above the surface’ issues senior leaders typically face, as well as the less obvious ‘below the surface’ challenges that arise when leading an organisation.
The Decision Challenge: Fair-Process in Team Decision-Making
- Understand why making decisions is the core work of leadership
- Recognise how decision-making in today’s “empowered” workforce is less about “telling” than it is about guiding and facilitating an effective decision-making path
- Discover a concrete model for enacting Fair-Process Leadership norms in your setting
The Change Challenge: Leading Formal Change
- Understand in more detail why change in the context of digitisation can be so difficult
- Discover ten pillars of research-backed good practices for leading organisational change
- Learn about the “X factors” successful leaders need to lead effective change
The Political Challenge: Networks & Influence
- Explore why people often have ambivalent reactions to power and influence, even in “rational” organisations
- Understand the difference between hard and soft power, and why developing the latter is important – especially in increasingly horizontal and network-driven work environments
- Learn about the human proclivity for “familiar” and “clan-like” relationships, and why disruption may require us to become more socially curious and exploratory
The Culture & Integration Challenge: Organisations in a Digital Age
- Develop an understanding of how to pinpoint and define something as seemingly abstract as organisational culture
- Gain insights into how to shape such a culture and navigate its politics
- Explore what it means to develop effective, digital-ready cultures.
Charles Galunic is a Professor of Organisational Behaviour and the Aviva Chaired Professor of Leadership and Responsibility at INSEAD. He works within the fields of organisation behaviour and strategy. His research explores the social fabric of innovation and change, and at multiple levels. At th...
Jose Luis Álvarez is Senior Affiliate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD. He teaches in the MBA Program (where he received three times the Best Teacher Award) and mostly in executive education programmes, where he has also received several teaching and directing recognitions. He serv...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.