Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kellogg School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Instill an innovation mindset and inspire creativity
Streamlining and cost-cutting may yield short-term earnings gains, but winning managers know that the key to value creation and sustained growth lies in innovation — continuously seeking opportunities to create value whether by launching new products and services, entering new markets or rethinking key processes.
This intensive, innovation-focused program challenges you to take a candid look at your personal leadership style, values and impact. Our expert faculty will guide you through an exploration of how to instill an innovation mindset within your organization and constantly improve how you relate to, interact with and inspire others to higher levels of creativity.
- Create your personal innovation leadership plan
- Learn to lead the creation of an innovative culture within your organization and empower your employees to sustain it
- Recognize the innovation-related needs of your employees and help them solve problems in creative ways
- Acquire tools and techniques for effectively leading and motivating innovators
Creating an Innovative Culture
- Identify key examples of leadership styles that foster innovation
- Secure management commitment to create an innovative culture
- Know when, how and why to reward risk and failure as well as success
Discovering the Leader Within
- Define your current values framework and leadership approach
- Develop your leadership profile and uncover your hidden challenges
- Create your personal leadership vision statement and plan
- Evaluate the benefits of shared leadership
- Empower and motivate others
- Discover the values of effective leaders
- Learn to rejuvenate your workplace
- Develop a people-oriented culture
- Inspire the front line
- Create the ultimate customer experience
- Make smart investments in new technology innovation
- Activate an innovation leadership strategy that goes beyond high-tech and R&D
- Create a high-impact culture that will accelerate growth
- Develop innovation leadership for diverse and global human capital
Who should attend
- Executives who initiate, drive and lead innovation strategies in their organizations
- Senior executives, division presidents, vice presidents and directors who are ready to challenge traditional approaches to innovation
- Multiple participants from the same organization who share innovating responsibilities
Trust the experts
Prof. Sawhney is a globally recognized scholar, teacher, consultant and speaker in innovation, strategic marketing and new media. His research currently focuses on modern marketing, enterprise analytics and business innovation. Prof. Sawhney has written six management books as well as dozens of ...
Harry M. Jansen Kraemer, Jr. is an executive partner with Madison Dearborn Partners, a private equity firm based in Chicago, Illinois and a Clinical Professor of Strategy at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. He was named the 2008 Kellogg School Professor of the Year. Harry i...
Ed Zajac joined the faculty of the Kellogg School of Management after completing his Ph.D. in organization and strategy at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. At Kellogg, he received the James F. Bere Chair and the Sidney J. Levy Teaching Award. He was a Fulbright Scholar at the Unive...
James Gerard Conley
James Conley is an inventor who serves as a faculty member in the Kellogg Center for Research in Technology & Innovation and as a Faculty Fellow at the Northwestern University Segal Design Institute. Beyond Northwestern, he served as an appointed member on the United States Department of Com...
Thomas D. Kuczmarski, senior partner and president of Kuczmarski Innovation, is a nationally recognized expert in the innovation of new products and services. Over the course of his career he has helped hundreds of clients, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 corporations, learn to syste...
Susan Smith Kuczmarski
Dr. Susan Smith Kuczmarski is a well-known authority on values-based leadership. Her areas of expertise include: How Culture and Values Impact Innovation, Building Innovation Leadership, and New Leadership for an Innovative Edge. She currently teaches “Creating and Leading A Culture of Innovation...
Elizabeth Pontikes studies market categorization, innovation, and technological change. She studies these topics using large data sets and computational text analysis. She is the former Director of Solution Engineering at Coremetrics, Inc., in California, where she developed sales strategies and ...
Bob Cooper is a Lecturer of Executive Programs and Academic Director as well as a Senior Fellow, Center for Research in Technology & Innovation at the Kellogg School of Management. Bob's accomplishments are highlighted by a 32 year career with the DuPont Company in which he held numerous man...
Andrew Razeghi is a writer, educator, and adviser to organizations on growth strategy and innovation. As founder of The Andrew Razeghi Companies, LLC, he works with organizations seeking growth through the creation and introduction of new ideas. His work spans industries - from consumer packaged ...