Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Executives who initiate, drive and lead innovation strategies in their organizations
- Senior executives, division presidents, vice presidents and directors who are ready to challenge traditional approaches to innovation
- Multiple participants from the same organization who share innovating responsibilities
About the course
Cultivate a leading edge organization
Streamlining and cost-cutting may yield short-term earnings gains, but winning managers know that the key to value creation and sustained growth lies in innovation — continuously seeking opportunities to create value whether by launching new products and services, entering new markets or rethinking key processes.
This intensive, innovation-focused program challenges you to take a candid look at your personal leadership style, values and impact. Our expert faculty will guide you through an exploration of how to instill an innovation mindset within your organization and constantly improve how you relate to, interact with and inspire others to higher levels of creativity.
- Create your personal innovation leadership plan
- Learn to lead the creation of an innovative culture within your organization and empower your employees to sustain it
- Recognize the innovation-related needs of your employees and help them solve problems in creative ways
- Acquire tools and techniques for effectively leading and motivating innovators
Understanding Innovation Best Practices
- Seek the balance between strategy, process and culture
- Apply them to your own organization
Creating an Innovative Culture
- Identify key examples of leadership styles that foster innovation
- Secure management commitment to create an innovative culture
- Know when, how and why to reward risk and failure as well as success
Discovering the Leader Within
- Become a "Peopleship" leader
- Define your current values framework and leadership approach
- Develop your leadership profile and uncover your hidden challenges
- Create your own personal leadership-vision statement
Activating Values-based Leadership
- Discover the values and norms of effective organizations
- Learn to rejuvenate your workplace
Leading the Growth Process
- Identify innovation and growth opportunities
- Grow entrepreneurship inside the organization
- Lead disruptive innovation
Leveraging Intellectual Capital and Technology
- Make informed investments in technology innovation
- Understand and manage your intellectual-asset portfolio
- Build and manage strategic alliances for innovation
- Create an agile organization to accelerate decisions
Explore a Commercialization Process
- Learn to manage risk and uncertainty in commercializing innovation
- Understand the need for different metrics, processes and skills along the innovation journey
- Define a complete standard operating procedure for innovation
Prof. Sawhney is a globally recognized scholar, teacher, consultant and speaker in innovation, strategic marketing and new media. His research currently focuses on modern marketing, enterprise analytics and business innovation. Prof. Sawhney has written six management books as well as dozens of ...
Harry M. Jansen Kraemer, Jr. is an executive partner with Madison Dearborn Partners, a private equity firm based in Chicago, Illinois and a Clinical Professor of Strategy at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. He was named the 2008 Kellogg School Professor of the Year. Harry i...
Ed Zajac joined the faculty of the Kellogg School of Management after completing his Ph.D. in organization and strategy at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. At Kellogg, he received the James F. Bere Chair and the Sidney J. Levy Teaching Award. He was a Fulbright Scholar at the Unive...
James Conley is an inventor who serves as a faculty member in the Kellogg Center for Research in Technology & Innovation and as a Faculty Fellow at the Northwestern University Segal Design Institute. Beyond Northwestern, he served as an appointed member on the United States Department of Com...
Thomas D. Kuczmarski, senior partner and president of Kuczmarski Innovation, is a nationally recognized expert in the innovation of new products and services. Over the course of his career he has helped hundreds of clients, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 corporations, learn to syste...
Dr. Susan Smith Kuczmarski is a well-known authority on values-based leadership. Her areas of expertise include: How Culture and Values Impact Innovation, Building Innovation Leadership, and New Leadership for an Innovative Edge. She currently teaches “Creating and Leading A Culture of Innovation...
Dr. Mary Ellen Weber is a consultant in technology innovation, strategic communications, and high-risk operations through her company Stellar Strategies. She also serves on the NASA Advisory Council Committee on Technology, Innovation and Engineering, which advises NASA leadership on future space...
Bob Cooper is a Lecturer of Executive Programs and Academic Director as well as a Senior Fellow, Center for Research in Technology & Innovation at the Kellogg School of Management. Bob's accomplishments are highlighted by a 32 year career with the DuPont Company in which he held numerous man...
Andrew Razeghi is a writer, educator, and adviser to organizations on growth strategy and innovation. As founder of The Andrew Razeghi Companies, LLC, he works with organizations seeking growth through the creation and introduction of new ideas. His work spans industries - from consumer packaged ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.