Who should attend
This is a course for those with, or anticipating, significant strategic leadership responsibility. Marketing managers, marketing directors, brand managers, entrepreneurs in growing businesses, consultants, agency directors, leaders from other disciplines seeking to inform their leadership with a strategic marketing perspective. The themes explored will be relevant to those in any size or maturity of organisation and any category, with case studies tailored to each group.
About the course
An advanced course for senior marketers and other professionals seeking the leadership skills to succeed at a strategic level in today’s corporate environment. This course will help delegates answer challenging questions of themselves as developing leaders and provide practical insights into effective senior leadership in a disrupted contemporary context.
The course starts from the premise that there has been a seismic shift in the relationship between today’s leaders and those they seek to lead. Delegates will explore how leadership influence has to be earned and can be leveraged as they confront strategic challenges.
- Understand the nature of effective strategic leadership and the relevance of a marketing perspective
- Understand the different challenges between functional management and broader strategic leadership
- How effective leaders approach strategic development and execution
- The importance of a strategic approach to organisational culture
- The key skills required for today’s leaders in a disrupted, competitive environment. What’s changed?
- Deep dive into communication and influencing skills deployed by effective leaders; engaging stakeholders in the strategic narrative
- How effective leaders sustain organisational performance levels and strategic alignment of effort
- Greater awareness and conscious management of your own, personal leadership ‘brand’ and how you will develop going forward
David has over 25 years of director-level experience in marketing. With particular specialism in strategic brand development, he has led transformational programmes across a range of organisations, including Barclays, Labatt Brewing, LV= and, most recently, as Chief Marketing Officer at Allian...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.