Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Leaders who are looking to update their Skillset and Ability
- Managers who have taken on a New Team Leadership Role
- Managers who have a Challenging Team or feel their Teams are ‘Stuck’
- Senior Management wanting to learn Modern Leadership Techniques
- Project Managers or those with a Project Management Role
About the course
High performing teams share a set of characteristics:
- They trust in each other and in the Team’s Purpose
- They feel free to express feelings and ideas
- They work toward Shared Goals
- They diffuse Tension in a relaxed and informal way
- They engage in Extensive Discussion, and everyone gets a chance to Contribute
- Each team member carries their own Weight and Respects other Members
- People take on the Leadership Role when their Skills and Motivation Warrant it
The leader’s job is to create the conditions processes and culture to make these things happen. This Oxford seminar shows how to target these features and harness the team’s potential. It introduces techniques for moving the team to peak performance.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Set out Clear Guidelines for Effective Team Leadership
- Understand what Elements of your Role as Leader give Greatest Return
- Identify and Leverage Individual Talent within the Team
- Engage and Motivate the Team using Vision Techniques
- Establish Clear Objectives and Standards of Performance for your Team
- Read Personality Preferences and Adapt your Leadership Accordingly
- Manage and Use Advanced Coaching Techniques to Replace ‘Tell’ with ‘Ask’
- Understand the Key Leadership Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deploy Different Leadership Styles and Style flexibility to Delegate and Empower
- Create Shared Vision Aims, Objectives and Team Goals
- Divergent Approaches to Problem-Solving
- Balance different Team Roles and Personality Types
- Learn from the Successes of Non-traditional Team Structures
- Establish Personality Types and the Mix needed for Success
- Use Conflict as a Catalyst for Team Development
- Deal Productively with Challenging Interpersonal Relations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.