Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This Advanced Oxford training course is ideal to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Departmental Heads
- HSE Managers and Advisors
- Those persons responsible for leading safety within an organisation at a global, regional or local level
- Those seeking new concepts in aiming for zero exposure to workplace accidents, incidents, illness and injuries as well as others that are interested in developing safety leadership skills from tomorrow’s best practices
About the course
Striving for safety excellence has to be every safety professional’s endeavor and aspiration. This “must attend” advanced course will provide you with powerful tools that with effort will enable you to make an expeditious and comprehensive difference to your workplace’s safety culture on returning to the organisation.
A combination of advanced ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking, new human applications and psychology will transform how you view and approach your future safety climate assignments. If you are committed to safety excellence and you wish to be a world class agent for safety leadership then this Advanced Course is for you!
This course will feature:
- Safety Excellence, the ultimate (practically achievable?) objective to Zero
- Transactional, Transformational, Felt, Values-based Leadership
- Going beyond Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS)
- Organisational and Environmental Risk, Threats and Impact Perspectives
- Advanced Accident Investigations & Reporting
- Actions, Beliefs & Consequences (ABC) – Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle for continual improvement
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply new leadership traits that can and will make the difference
- Understand Unsafe Acts v. Unsafe Conditions, so avoiding the ‘Blame Game’
- Understand new and effective motivational and engagement techniques
- Develop your safety culture to spread as a person to person ‘virus’ under three interrelated aspects:
- Enhance your Safety and Risk Management leadership skills
This Oxford Advanced Safety Leadership training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes syndicate and individual exercises, relevant DVD and case studies and role-play exercises. A comprehensive e-version of the training course manual including copies of all slides, handouts and checklists will be provided.
This Oxford Advanced training course will provide solutions for the whole workforce to adopt the latest systematic approaches in achieving the potentially achievable target of Zero.
- New psychological strategies for reducing Human Error
- Building a safer organisation considering all the behavioural causation factors
- Providing a clearer understanding of how, why and what went wrong
- Identify potential deficiencies in your Major Hazards Risk programme
- Pragmatic solutions to improve your SMS
Attendance at this Oxford Advanced training course will enable Safety professionals to return to the organisation equipped with boldness, self-belief and a renewed confidence eager to engage and communicate.
- Learn how to direct your efforts to align safety with the business agenda
- How to motivate your workforce to join you on a journey to Zero
- How to ensure your colleagues go from “have to” to “want to”
- Learn new approaches for behaviour, trust, mindfulness, values and leadership
- How to share the dedication to focus on zero (safety excellence) as the goal
Accident & Incident Causation Factors
- The Analysis of Accidents – Looking at the Facts, Figures & Costs
- Why do accidents still occur? - Human factors, triggers and consequences
- Conscious and Unconscious Influences within a Safety Culture
- The Bradley Curve and Four Stages of Mind-sets
- The ‘New ABC Model:’ Effective, Behavioural and Cognitive Psychology
- Understand the Psychology Behind Human Behaviour and Learn how to apply pragmatic solutions to improve your SMS
Safety Management in Major Hazard Industries
- Major Hazards and Prevention
- ISO31000 and Safety Excellence
- Occupational Safety, Process Safety and Asset Risk Management
- FTA and ETA
- Bow Ties
- Emergency Response Plans, Mutual Aid, On and Off Site Consequences
- Inspection and Auditing
Improve Leadership and Communication skills
- Enhancing your Leadership Capabilities through Increased Self-awareness
- Analyse Your Communication Strategies and Social Performance
- Communication Campaigns and Stakeholder Engagement
- ‘Have to’ or ‘Want to’?: Generating Real Desire for Safety
- Varying Leadership Skills for Varying Scenarios
Advanced Accident Investigation and Reporting
- All Incidents (including near misses) are thoroughly and professionally investigated by a trained and confident team
- Role of HSE Team Leader and Management during an Investigation
- Investigation Methodology - the Essential Checklist & Process
- Listen and Learn, and Learn to Look and Listen More!
- Report Writing Techniques which will ‘persuade’ and ‘empower’ Actions
Organisational & Environmental Risk, Threat & Impact
- Latest International Standards: BSI65000, BS11200, ISO31000 / 22301 / 24762
- Understanding the Impact of Change or Major Incidents on the Organisation
- Strategic Crisis and Emergency Management in a Resilience framework
- Strategic Risk and Risk Behaviour
- Identify and Manage Current and Future Threats to Your Business
- Take a Proactive Approach to Minimizing the Impact of Incidents
- Keep Critical Functions Up and Running During Times of Change and Crises
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.