Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This intensive five-day instructional course program covering the educational needs of inspection engineers, technical management, quality control and technical supervisory personnel involved in pressure relief valve repair, inspection, operation or maintenance. No specific prerequisite training or experience required for registration.
About the course
A safety or safety relief valve can be considered the most important single safety device on a boiler, piping, pipeline or pressure vessel. If it fails to function in the manner for which it was intended and an overpressure condition develops, the result could be catastrophic. Like all mechanical devices, pressure relief valves require periodic maintenance and repair. To properly carry out repairs, it is essential that the work be done by trained personnel under controlled conditions, using proper parts and procedures.
This course covers all areas of pressure relief valves, including inspection, repair, operation and assembly. This course provides the best understanding of what is involved in the repair of pressure relief valves, all areas of pressure relief valves, including inspection, repair, and assembly. While not hands-on training, this course provides a better understanding of what is involved in the repair of pressure relief valves.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Obtain an in-depth knowledge and understanding on the organizations affecting standards development and enforcement, jurisdictional requirements, ASME Code Sections I and VIII
- Recognize the principles of pressure relief valve operation, development and application of pressure relief valves
- Install and operate pressure relief valves
- Identify the operational malfunctions of pressure relief valves
- Select testing facilities
- Recognize pressure relief device certifications
- Distinguish pressure relief valve repair, nameplate data interpretation and stamping, pressure relief valve disassembly
- Carryout critical inspection, lapping and grinding
- Determine PRV assembly and apply setting, testing and sealing
- Implement quality control systems, nondestructive examination
- Recognize training and qualification of personnel and pilot-operated pressure relief valves
- Principles of pressure relief valve operation
- Development and application of pressure relief valves
- Installation and operation of pressure relief valves
- Operational malfunctions of pressure relief valves
- Testing facilities
- pressure relief device certifications
- pressure relief valve repair
- nameplate data interpretation and stamping
- pressure relief valve disassembly
- critical inspection
- lapping and grinding
- PRV assembly
- Setting, testing and sealing
- Quality control systems
- Nondestructive examination
- Pilot-operated pressure relief valves
- National board inspection code and PTC 25
- ASME Code Sections I and VIII
- “VR” certification program
- “VR” administrative rules and procedures
- Review and Open Discussion
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.