Interpersonal Savvy for Leaders
To meet the complex challenges of the new millennium, you need to engage your head and your heart. The interactive course builds your stamina, courage and emotional intelligence. You develop greater self-awareness, social-awareness, self-management and relationship-management skills.
“The course content more than met my expectations. I acquired information that helps me interact with a diverse workforce successfully.” – Class participant
OPM Competency: Interpersonal Skills
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Expand your emotional and social intelligence to become a resonant leader
- Build more productive relationships at work and with your stakeholders
- Develop personal renewal for increased resonance and performance
Emotional Intelligence 2.0™ for Managers & Leaders
Improving Relationship Management and Performance
Whether you are aware or not, emotions are intertwined in everything you think, do, and say. Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to use awareness of emotions to manage behaviour and relationships with others around you. EQ is a ‘must-have’, skill for all managers and leaders and a critical component for developing leadership. Acquiring and applying EQ skills furthers the quality of your relationship and reduces conflicts with others.
Benefits to You
Learning how to effectively apply personal and social competence, becoming aware of and managing your own emotions, will help you improve working relationship with team members and customers. When people feel valued and connected, it reduces conflicts, improves trust and relationship, and increase business performance leading to better job satisfaction, higher employee retention and increased productivity and profitability.
• Self-Awareness: Emotions, tendencies, strengths and personal style
• Self-Management: Reactions, decisions and responding to challenges and opportunities
• Social Awareness: Emotions of other people, unspoken cues and the mood
• Relationship Management: Build, strengthen and deepen your connections with people
• Develop better EQ to communicate effectively, handles stress and conflict, respond flexibly to change, influence others more and deliver top-notch performance
• What is Emotional Intelligence?
• The Business Case for Emotional Intelligence
• My View of My EQ
• Personal Competence
• Social Competence
Participants will uncover their Emotional Intelligence literacy in this programme, followed by a 6-month action plan with strategies provided for self-directed learning (SDL) through e-learning.
Who should attend
Level 3 - New Managers,
Level 4 - Managers &
Level 5 - Senior Managers & Directors