About the course
Managing professional relationships is something that all physicians must do every day. However, this skill isn’t as easy as it sounds. With different personalities, priorities, and approaches to communication, relationships can become complicated in the blink of an eye.
This course provides insight into strategies required to maintain successful working relationships across disciplines and within the confines of your own department. The importance of emotional intelligence, communication, trust, and conflict management will be discussed in this course. Upon completion, you will have the information necessary to formulate effective communication strategies that work for your communication style, and the awareness and wherewithal to use those strategies to improve your own professional relationships.
Topics in this course include:
- The role of emotional intelligence (EI) in relationship management and how to improve your EI
- Skills for managing relationships across interdisciplinary teams and benefits of organizational culture
- Understanding effective communication, conversation agility, and how to improve your skills
- How to approach conflict management and difficult conversations with people as well as how to repair relationships
This course is ideal for:
- Physicians or health care professionals looking to make the next move in their career
- Professionals trying to find their place at their organization
- Professionals who want to improve their communication skills, especially pertaining to speaking to others in higher roles
- Those seeking to improve their emotional intelligence skills
- Recognize the role of emotional intelligence in relationship management
- Identify core competencies associated with effective interdisciplinary relationship management
- Recognize the benefits of interdisciplinary relationship management skill development
- Explain the elements of clear communication in workplace relationships
- Demonstrate skills that exemplify strong relationship building in the workplace
- Develop strategies to manage conflict and rebuild relationships that have failed
Joe Geskey is the vice president of medical affairs at OhioHealth Doctors Hospital. A board-certified internal medicine and pediatrics physician, Geskey is also a member of the AHC Board of Physicians and is widely recognized for his contributions to chronic disease management. Prior to joining ...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.