Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Gain skills and confidence for influencing and persuading people across all levels in your organisation
How well do you influence others? The ability to influence and persuade is the name of the game in business today. Many of us have to work with people we have no authority over. This means influencing and persuading skills are essential for our success.
In this course we firstly assess the theory associated with persuasion. Secondly, we explore a number of practical skills for influencing and persuading people we work with.
- Understanding the fundamentals of Aristotle and Carnegie
- Assessing the four conative action modes and how they impact the way we present information.
- Identify the six principles of ethical influence
This highly interactive short course explores effective theories and practical exercises that improve communication. Through our course activities you will gain self-confidence and assertiveness in getting others to take action, while growing and maintaining good relationships. We will cover both verbal and written communication skills.
- Ways to build rapport and maintain relationships
- Steps for asserting your voice in order to get your viewpoint across without offending others
- Managing power and the games people play with it
- Identifying ways that executives go about making decisions in order to influence those above you or around you
- Listen in an active way to promote more collaborative work solutions
- Gain a tool kit of ideas for growing and maintaining good relationships
- Frame information in a way that gets people to take action
Your organisation will:
- Effectiveness in transferring ideas and knowledge
- Methods for influencing and persuading across all levels of the organisation
- Gain confident employees who can get their message across in an effective manner
Who should attend
For anyone whose role requires them to implement change or articulate new ideas:
- Senior Executives
- Line Managers
- Marketing and salespeople
Trust the experts
Roseann Gedye is a sought-after educator and adviser in the areas of communication, leadership, change and motivation. With extensive educational experience, Roseann has written and presented a number of communication programmes in a variety of organisations. She taught the Bachelor of Internati...