Hrd and Human Capital
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
The HRD Workshop offers a unique experiential design that is unlike traditional training courses. It is inclusive, highly interactive and leverages the knowledge of all participants.
Each major topic is first addressed by analyzing a case study, and assessing the strength of a specific talent practice (i.e., engagement, succession, retention, etc). From the case study experience, groups then consider a series of application-based questions they are likely to encounter, and must address in the workplace. Participants discuss and debate the issues, and share strategies for effectively addressing them.
Following these two experiential sessions, a presentation of 15 to 20 minutes is delivered for each topic. Because the group sessions have dealt with many of the core aspects of the particular talent practice, this module offers a concise focus on new views and next practices.
- Explain the main functions in Human Resources and the role of each.
- Learn the basics of the recruitment and selection function and explain the main steps in attracting and hiring qualified candidates.
- Learn the cycle of the training and development function and how T&D works from identification of training needs to evaluation of training.
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of the human resources specialists in designing and implementing a performance management system in their organization.
- Understanding the basics of compensation and benefits and list the main components of a competitive compensation system.
Human Resources Strategies:
- HRM Introduction and HRM history.
- Strategic role of HRM in the organizations.
Origination Hierarchy (Chart)
- Origination Hierarchy and its importance for the HRM.
- Origination Hierarchy establishment principals.
Job Analysis & Job Description
- Job Analysis – Job Designing – Job Description – Candidate's Qualifications – Cost & ROI for Job Analysis.
- Manpower planning and labor demand and supply analysis.
- Labor surplus or deficit Identification and how to dispose of it.
- Attract talent Skills from the various Job levels ( Job Hunting )
- Selection, hiring, and job interviews.
- Orientation program for new hires.
- Probation period follow up for new comers.
Training & Development
- Training needs assessment.
- Training plan establishing and implementing.
- Establishing the Training models (External – Internal – OJT).
- Design and implement & evaluate the training program.
- How to measure the return on investment on training (Training Evaluation).
Employee Relations & Welfare
- Employee Grievances
- Definition of Grievance
- Grievances versus Complaints
- Grievance Resolution Procedures Employee Welfare
- Employee Health: Monitoring and Reporting Sick Days
- Employee Counseling Employee Recognition
- Service Awards
- Social Functions Communicating with Employees
- Organizational Newsletters
Performance Management System PMS
- The Performance Management Cycle
- Performance Criteria - 3 Types ( 90 – 180 – 360 )
- The Impact of Critical Success Factors on Performance
- Key Result Areas
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Units of Measure
- Financial and Non-Financial KPIs
- SMART Criteria - Establishing Individual Goals and Measures
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This program is a skills based course. It is designed for those who are new to the HR functions, or who have some experience, but no formal training, who would like to broaden their HR knowledge and develop their expertise.