Who should attend
Human Resources professionals involved in HR or workforce planning and recruitment with at least three year’s experience in HR management. The course is also beneficial for experienced officers and specialists in compensation and benefits as well as for those working in general administration.
About the course
This course focuses on the processes of planning the HR needs of an organization based on its vision, mission and strategic objectives and estimating the budget requirements to satisfy those needs. The course draws heavily on the managerial tools of strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting and cost control. Although many organizations face difficulties in planning and estimating their HR needs, yet HR planning and budgeting is an important corner stone of modern HR management. In this course participants will be exposed to the various tools of HR and budget forecasting techniques applying them through hands on activities.
Organizations can expect the following benefits by using this world-class international program:
- Vastly improved long term planning
- Mastery of organizational design to maximize the Human Resource
- Ability to do and produce Business process mapping and produce improvements form them.
- Have a stable and efficient succession and emergency plan
- Have a human resource planning function that can show its value in dollar terms to the business
- Mastery of the new HR strategic process to deliver on time and on budget.
- Understand the main components of job analysis and how to establish a framework
- Know how to use job analysis to understand job roles and accountabilities
- Know the numerous different output formats of job analysis (such as role summary, job accountability statement, job descriptions, and job profiles)
- Know the step-by-step guide to developing job descriptions and job profiles
Participating and Contributing to the HR Management
- Optimizing Global Competitiveness
- Preparing a Leadership Agenda for the Human Resource Function Assuring Talent Management
- Creating a Leadership Brand.
Human Resources Management
- Towards a Modern Definition
- The Main Functions in HR Management
- Competency Based HR Management
- HR Deliverables: A Model for Multiple Roles
- HR as Business Partner
- HR Competencies: Moving from Traditional HR to Strategic HR
Human Resources Strategies
- HRM Introduction and HRM history.
- Strategic role of HRM in the organizations.
- Developing Effective Business Strategy
- Driving Business Strategy through HR.
Linking HR's Strategy with the Organization's
- Approaches for Linking HR with the Organization
- Writing HR Strategies
- HR Visions and Missions
- HR Key Result Areas and Indicators
- Core Competencies for HR Professionals
Structure and strategy for HRP
- Introduction and seminar objectives The difference between the old and new roles of manpower planning
- How HRP departments need to be structures
- The three principal areas of operation in today’s HRP function
- Area One - STRATEGY - What is strategy and how we are involved
- The 10 key inputs for HRP Predictive tools for organizational change
- Case study and group exercise
Understanding organizational design
- The basis of organizational design – Symmetrical, Asymmetrical and People Centric
- Downsizing – case study and group work
- Right sizing any organization
- How much does the human resource cost – calculating your value – case study
- How to calculate how many people you need in any organization – group work
- Which employees give the most value? – Case study
- What does lost production cost – group work
- Review of group work
Producing Management information
- Of the 52 formula’s used by manpower planners less that 10 really work
- What management information is critical – group work
- Three critical criteria for HRP - the productivity dashboard
- Understand Competencies and their essential role in forecasting
- Demonstration on how to measure and forecast competency data
- Performance – what is it –how to measure it and how to predict it – demonstration and group work
- How to do some of the key calculations needed in today’s HRP
- Software needed for calculations and predictive forecasting
- Trends and predictive forecasting
- Correlations – their use in planning
Key process to master in HRP
- There are 3 critical process that support and are critical to the new HRP function
- Recruitment and selection – cost of poor recruitment – exercise
- Exercise review – lessons learnt
- Performance appraisal –The key role performance appraisal has on HRP statistical information
- Business process re-engineering – Why BPR is so essential
- How to create Business process maps – group work and case study
- How to get benefits from process mapping – group exercise
- Presenting the business benefits
Workflow management succession planning & emergency planning
- The business need for work flow management
- Workflow management – have efficient can you make this company
- What is the value you have created?
- Case study and group work
- New approaches to targeted succession planning – three different approaches
- The critical role of testing and personality profiling
- Manpower planning’s role in emergency situations
- Ways of solving critical manpower shortages.
Putting People First
- What Does It Mean to Put People First?
- What People Want from Their Organizations?
- Present Top HR Priorities
- HR Activities: Traditional Focus versus Career Development Focus
The Basics of Career Management and Succession Planning and Management
- Careers Today: The Importance of Development
- What Is Career Development?
- Essential Elements in an Integrated Career Development System
- What Is Succession Planning? Is It any Different from Replacement Planning?
- Main Aims and Reasons for Establishing a Succession Planning and Management System
- Is Your Organization Ready for the Change?
Promoting a Development Culture
- Characteristics of a Development Culture
- Career Development as a Change Agent
- Roles and Responsibilities in a Development Culture
Identifying High Potentials
- High Potentials and High Professionals
- Assessing Individual Potential
- Best Practices to Improve the Management of High Potentials
- Qualities of Processes to Spot, Develop, and Retain High Potentials
Career Development: Tools and Methodologies
Developing Internal Successors
- Making the Business Case for Succession Planning and Management
- Starting the Systematic Succession Planning and Management Program
- Refining the Program
- Assessing Present Work Requirements and Individual Job Performance
- Assessing Future Work Requirements and Individual Potential
- Closing the Development Gap - The Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- What is a budget?
- The purpose of budgets
- Components of an HR budget
- Building an HR budget
- Budget metrics for HR
- Measuring ﬁnancial performance.
- Explore career development and understand it's component parts
- Discover how to take a systematic approach to career development
- Learn how to develop frameworks and integrate your career development into your succession planning and talent management processes
- Demonstrate the ROI on your career development initiatives
- Gain experience from discussions and practical exercises.
An Introduction to job analysis and job evaluation
- The corporate environment
- The HR role and line management responsibilities
- An introduction to job analysis
- An introduction to job evaluation
- The use of behavioral competencies
- The need for job analysis and evaluation
- The relationship with wider reward management planning
- Change Management
Job Analysis Techniques
- Definition of role and job analysis
- Compare various techniques to analyze specific jobs
- Examine different methodologies
- Designing appropriate job profile documentation
- Selecting benchmark jobs
- The role of the job analyst
- Collecting, recording and analyzing information
- The job analysis interview
- Completing the job profile document
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.