Who should attend
This course is intended/suitable for Senior HR Executives, Assistant HR Managers, and HR Managers/HR Generalists with at least 5 years of HR managerial experience
About the course
Over the years, the role of human resource has changed markedly. HR professionals need to be good communicators, strong in leadership skills, be aware of the latest changes pertaining to legislation around employment, a good head for strategic thinking and be a HR business partner.
This competency-based HR certification program covers the Human Resource Strategies and qualifies participants as a Certified Human Resource Manager (CHRM) upon successful completion.
The course delves deeper into the Human Resource arena, covering topics such as HR strategies, HR policies and HR compliance updates.
During this course, participants will also enhance their competencies on managing performance, development and compensation of a diverse and multi-generational workforce.
As a senior human resource practitioner, your management, employees and colleagues will turn to you for strategic advice and guidance on all aspects of HR. It is envisaged that this CHRM certification course will provide the opportunity for HR Managers/HR Generalists to advance in their careers and establish their presence as a respected, senior HR practitioner in the industry.
At this advanced-level HR course, participants will find this program useful for purposes of enhancing their professional HR knowledge and requisite skills as a Human Resource Manager.
- Acquiring knowledge on and be able to implement key HR strategies, practices & policies.
- Understanding how effective HR business partnering can help to support the overall aims of the organisation.
- Identifying the compliance issues pertaining to current labour legislations.
- Understanding and implementing hiring guidelines, practices, strategies and issues.
- Developing HR Competency Framework.
- Developing a HR Balanced Scorecard with value propositions.
- Aligning HR with Business strategies.
- Compensating and rewarding productive individuals and teams.
- Understanding and developing company-wide competencies
- Measuring and reporting HR metrics.
Module 1- HR Policies & Strategies
- Formulation of fair HR policies and strategies
- Components in HR policies
- Implementation & steps to develop a HR strategy
- Human resource strategies that organizations commonly use
- Internal and external factors that shape HR Strategies and Policies
- Strategy-oriented human resource management and why it is important
- Identify the HR Challenges
- HR Ethics
Module 2- HR Business Partnering
- Alignment of HR and Business Strategies
- Effective Organisation Diagnosis
- Implementation of HR Business Partnering
- The future of HR Business Partnerships
- Connecting Business with HR Strategies
- External factors/influences that may affect business alignment
- The role of HR Business partners
- Strengthening and prolonging effective business partnerships
Module 3- Labour Legislation
- Legal rights of employees and their organization
- Minimum standards stipulated in the Employment Act
- Types of Contract
- Contract of Employment
- Salary payment
- Termination of Contract and Dismissal
- Statutory benefits and non-statutory benefits
- General coverage of:
- Employment Act
- Industrial Relations Act
- Trade Union Act
- Criminal Law (Temporary Provisions) Act
- Workplace Safety and Health Act
- Work Injury Compensation Act
- Employment of Foreign Manpower Act
Module 4- Strategic Staffing
- Reducing recruitment costs
- Techniques to attract job candidates
- Making organization the employer of choice
- Identifying present and future business requirements pertaining to staffing
- The importance of Human Resource Planning
- Manpower forecasting
- Alternative staffing activities
- Various avenues to attract potential candidates
- Techniques to develop an effective job advertisement
Module 5- HR Competencies
- Transformation & value of HR
- Understanding HR competencies
- Developing HR competency framework
- Various types of Knowledge i.e. Tacit, Procedural, Performance
- Identifying different types/levels of competencies
- Behavioral Event Interviewing
- Integrating competencies in order to develop an effective HR System
Module 6- HR Balance Scorecard
- Overview of the Balance Scorecard
- Why have a HR Scorecard?
- Linking to what really matters
- The value of measurement
- Guidelines and issues
- Developing the scorecard using the 4 BSC value propositions
Module 7- Compensation and Rewards Management
- Design a equity pay system
- Market pay practices
- Indirect and direct pay components
- Salary policy and model
- Determining the internal job structure
- Identifying the make-up of External Competitiveness
- Understanding market-pricing
- Survey Management i.e. Collating, Analyzing and Using data
- Characteristics of Benchmark jobs
- Variable Performance Pay Plans
- Compensation forecasting and budget cycle
- Categorization of Employee Benefits
- Alternative compensation solutions
Module 8- HR Measurement & Metrics
- Determine and create various HR measurement & metrics
- Using metrics to measure ROI
- Creating HR measurements & metrics and what to measure and why
- Designing HR modeling tools
- Designing HR scorecard to align with business needs
- Building the metrics business case
- Turning metrics into analytics and analytics into strategies
- Deciding what metrics are important to your business
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.