Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
If you are a business professional who needs to have work done through others—or who needs to convince another person to buy into an idea or follow up on a request, this programme is for you.
About the course
Learn how to be persuasive at work and get the results you need without authority. Unleash your personal power to negotiate, influence and persuade. Whether you’re dealing with bosses, colleagues, staff members or senior management; the ability to win respect, influence people and cultivate cooperation is absolutely essential to career success. The people with whom you interact in business can change on a moment’s notice, making the ability to be persuasive with anyone in the workplace to achieve desired results is crucial—especially when you don’t have immediate authority to command their cooperation.
Register to this intensive 3-day persuasion and influence training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Understand exchange and reciprocity to persuade (the first steps in the influence process)
- Adapt your communication style to maximise your credibility
- Turn your character and capabilities into influence
- Persuade with a framework of discovery, preparation and dialogue
You’ll practice persuasive communication and other influencing techniques right from day one through the final activity on day three of this information-packed programme—and enhance your learning with videos, exercises, assessment tools and group discussions.
This persuasion and influence training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your persuasion and influencing skills. You will gain a wider perspective of communication through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your persuasion and influence skills & competencies and be able to:
- Establish or regain credibility so you can begin to influence people
- Effectively use your power base to persuade others
- Understand the person you’re trying to influence—and persuade through give-and-take
- Develop and grow relationships within your organization and beyond
- Create a collaborative work environment for faster, better results
- Let communication differences work for, not against, you
- Successfully sell your ideas and implement change
- Achieve trust and give-and-take relationships up, down and across the organization
- Influence people while projecting self-confidence without being pushy
- Adapt your style to the person or situation you’re dealing with
- Identify various negotiating techniques that promote win-win outcomes
During this programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Getting Results without Authority is a 3-days hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former experience in international companies.
- Understanding your personal power
- Personal power behaviors
- Attributes of effective/ineffective influencers
- Your power relative to the other person
- Influencing strategies
- Commitment Model: why commitment from others doesn’t happen by chance
Reciprocity and Relationships: The First Step in the Influence Process
- Mental model of influence
- Reciprocity assessment and case study
- Principles of reciprocity
- Building relationships
- Creating partnership
- The importance of flexing with communication style preferences when influencing others
- Various communication styles you come across at work
- Identifying your preferred communication style and those of others
- The impact of the negative attribution cycle
- Key components of persuasive communication skills: discovery, preparation, dialogue
- The need to adjust to different audiences
- Understanding the world of the other person
- The role of investment and risk in persuasion
- Achieving credibility
- Managing stakeholders
- Reaching a common goal
- Selling your position by providing evidence
- Connecting emotionally
- Best form of communication: listening, questioning
- Practising persuasion in business techniques
When Conflict Comes Between You and Your Desired Results
- Approaches to conflict resolution
- Conflict activity
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Using a win-win mindset
Getting Better Results Through Negotiation
- Power, information, timing and approach
- Basic principles of negotiation
- Various steps in negotiation
- Final negotiation activity
Johan’s extensive international expertise in leadership, strategy and management development has been built over a 25-year career in key Human Resources roles and senior positions with international companies in the US and Europe. His work included leading major transformation projects concerning...
Bettina Hausmann helps professionals optimise their Communication and Leadership skills for improved results. She has twenty years’ experience advising high-level corporate and public clients, and longs training experience. Bettina is a qualified executive coach. Professional background Bettina ...
Stephane brings to MCE more than 30 years of leadership experience in the natural resource extraction and product manufacturing industries with exposure to joint-ventures, affiliate management, large operations and projects. He covered a broad line management scope, including Managing Director an...
Jens Holmboe Bang works as a senior consultant, facilitator, trainer, coach and professor in Leadership, Management and professional development. Jens was born in Copenhagen, Denmark and has for the last 25 years lived in Spain, France and Belgium with prolonged stays in the United States. His in...
Accomplished in Organisational Development, leading and project managing strategic transformation and HR review programmes and C-Suite Facilitation. I am committed to adding value to an organisation and I draw on my knowledge and lessons learned as a company director, executive board member, busi...
Pavel Mischenko is a top-notch business consultant and coach who has successfully trained over 4,000 mid and C-level professionals in the US, Europe, Middle East, Central and South America and Africa. With an academic background in psychology, psychotherapy & engineering, Pavel’s work combine...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.