Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cranfield School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
As a functional or specialist manager transitioning from being an expert in their field into a wider general management role, this can not only be a big step, it can feel difficult, and can be risky, as well as being rewarding when done. This programme supports your transition from a specialist manager to a cross-functional leader providing you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to add value to the organisation.
What you will learn
You will leave the programme with:
- A greater ability to influence effectively across functions and at all levels.
- A clear understanding of the strategic issues facing your organisation’s key business functions and how to focus your activities to deliver value on these.
- The ability to work through others to really influence and action change.
- An integrated suite of leadership development tools and a 360 view so to identify and implement an effective plan to instil and lead behavioural and strategic change across the business.
- To broaden your perspective on management and prepare you to step up into a wider role, the programme will focus on a range of organisational functions and the leadership skills they demand to deliver results.
- In order to maximise your ability to influence without authority, this programme incorporates psychometric assessments to determine and maximise your cross functional leadership style.
- You work to further enhance your range of organisational and interpersonal leadership skills and identify and execute a cross functional project that adds value across your organisation.
- During the course of the programme, you will work with a group of fellow participants on a business simulation, assessing complex situations and making strategic decisions concerning a fictitious commercial business.
The programme is split into three modules, the first is delivered via our virtual learning environment which should take approximately 8-10 hours to complete. This is followed by two Cranfield residential modules which are 5 days each. You will benefit from coaching sessions following each module, plus a face to face review at six months and a virtual review at 12 months.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Enhanced cross-organisational collaboration.
- Improved strategic and operational alignment.
- Functionally-generated strategically aligned development initiatives.
- Delivering greater value to your team and the organisation as a whole.
- More effective strategic change implementation.
Who should attend
- Senior functional, specialist, technical or project managers who now need to increasingly work across teams or complex projects.
- Individuals recently, or who are about to be, appointed into more generalist management roles.
- Those who need to develop a wider business perspective to enhance their organisational value, impact and knowledge in order to lead strategic change and innovation.
- Participants come from a broad variety of organisations ranging from mid-size businesses to large corporations across all sectors.
Trust the experts
Paula holds a degree in Business Management and postgraduate qualifications in coaching and psychology. Her career started in recruitment, followed by a period of time running her own business, filing several patents, before finding her niche as a leadership coach; working with people in organisa...
Cranfield General Management Programme - Past Participants (Sept 2017)
Cranfield General Management Programme - Past Participants (May 2017)