Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Senior functional, specialist, technical or project managers who now need to increasingly work across teams or complex projects.
- Individuals recently, or who are about to be, appointed into more generalist management roles.
- Those who need to develop a wider business perspective to enhance their organisational value, impact and knowledge in order to lead strategic change and innovation.
- Participants come from a broad variety of organisations ranging from mid-size businesses to large corporations across all sectors.
About the course
As a functional or specialist manager transitioning from being an expert in their field into a wider general management role, this can not only be a big step, it can feel difficult, and can be risky, as well as being rewarding when done. This programme supports your transition from a specialist manager to a cross-functional leader providing you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to add value to the organisation.
What you will learn
You will leave the programme with:
- A greater ability to influence effectively across functions and at all levels.
- A clear understanding of the strategic issues facing your organisation’s key business functions and how to focus your activities to deliver value on these.
- The ability to work through others to really influence and action change.
- An integrated suite of leadership development tools and a 360 view so to identify and implement an effective plan to instil and lead behavioural and strategic change across the business.
- To broaden your perspective on management and prepare you to step up into a wider role, the programme will focus on a range of organisational functions and the leadership skills they demand to deliver results.
- In order to maximise your ability to influence without authority, this programme incorporates psychometric assessments to determine and maximise your cross functional leadership style.
- You work to further enhance your range of organisational and interpersonal leadership skills and identify and execute a cross functional project that adds value across your organisation.
- During the course of the programme, you will work with a group of fellow participants on a business simulation, assessing complex situations and making strategic decisions concerning a fictitious commercial business.
The programme is split into three modules, the first is delivered via our virtual learning environment which should take approximately 8-10 hours to complete. This is followed by two Cranfield residential modules which are 5 days each. You will benefit from coaching sessions following each module, plus a face to face review at six months and a virtual review at 12 months.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Enhanced cross-organisational collaboration.
- Improved strategic and operational alignment.
- Functionally-generated strategically aligned development initiatives.
- Delivering greater value to your team and the organisation as a whole.
- More effective strategic change implementation.
Paula holds a degree in Business Management and postgraduate qualifications in coaching and psychology. Her career started in recruitment, followed by a period of time running her own business, filing several patents, before finding her niche as a leadership coach; working with people in organisa...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.