Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Senior executives (e.g. directors, heads of department) about to transition into roles with greater responsibility for driving their organisation's success
- Those already in a general management role who want to expand their capabilities and leadership skills
We welcome participants from the private, public and third sectors.
About the course
Develop your management skills, enhance your self-confidence, and make an impact within your organisation
The Henley Executive Management Programme (EMP) is a comprehensive management and leadership programme for senior executives.
Practical and relevant, it will challenge your thinking and give you the strategic knowledge and skills needed to drive your performance as a leader.
- Combine research-based insights with real-world application
- Personalise your EMP through 1:1 coaching based on 360-degree feedback, electives, and by gaining insights into the specific challenges you are facing from the workshops.
- Practice strategy and leadership through workshops and a live consultancy exercise
- Develop your leadership mindset through sessions on well-being, mindfulness and resilience
- Collect 360 degree feedback on your strengths and development needs as a manager
- Identify a learning partner within your organisation
- Discuss your learning objectives with the Programme Director
Choose your elective topics:
- Module 1: Managing Business Risks or Managing Business Finances
- Module 2: Driving Innovation or Building Market Focus
Module 1 (5 days)
- The changing world of leadership and management
- What neuroscience can teach us about leadership, decision-making, and how to deal with uncertainty and complexity
- Strategy as an organisational learning process
- How mindfulness can improve your focus and help you remain calm under pressure
- How to boost your own and others' resilience
- Planning and practicing for difficult conversations
Content is delivered through workshops, role-play activities, 1:1 coaching, and LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®.
You will also learn about the relationship between heart rate variability (HRV) and wellbeing, and can choose to monitor your HRV over 4 days.
Module 2 (5 days)
- What effective organisations look like, and how to mobilise an organisation towards a chosen course of action
- Skills for complex problem-solving
- How to engage, inspire, and influence others
You will also take part in a real-life consultancy exercise within a host organisation (typically a social enterprise, charity, or NGO).
- Return to your role with new skills and ideas
- Follow up with your learning partner and Programme Director
- Access resources from the virtual learning portal for up to 12 months
- Join the Henley Business School alumni network
- Build advanced management skills and gain a fresh perspective on your business challenges
- Understand yourself as a leader
- Increase your confidence and operate outside your comfort zone
- Become more self-aware and resilient, helping you to manage uncertainty and complexity
- Prepare for a more significant general management role or challenge
For your organisation
- Develop your people into motivated, effective and innovative leaders who will drive the business forward
- Gain insights into the latest thinking on strategic business topics
- Build a strong leadership pipeline
- The design of the Henley EMP deliberately includes collaboration between Henley, the participant and their organisation (via a company sponsor or learning partner). This ensures maximum return on the programme investment for both the individual and organisation
Margaret de Lattre is a Business Development Adjunct at Ashridge. Her main interest is in the dynamic of organisation culture, corporate branding and leadership behaviour to drive strategy and organisation performance. She tutors sessions on change management and leadership, organisation culture ...
Professor Andrew Kakabadse joined Henley Business School in July 2013 after 30 years at Cranfield School of Management, where he finished as Professor of International Management Development and was awarded the honour of Emeritus Professor. Andrew has consulted and lectured in the UK, Europe, ...
I have been coaching since 2001, and subsequently extended my experience to coach supervision and training. I have worked with 500+ individuals and supervised 60+ coaches. I have worked with clients on top-level leadership and professional qualification programmes, mainly through Henley Busines...
John Neal is Professor of Practice for the Sports Business Performance. He teaches a range of topics including leadership, team dynamics, coaching, change and personal performance. He is a performance coach who works with the potential of mind, body and spirit. He is also an exercise physiologist...
Narendra Laljani is a management educator, consultant, and CEO coach who specialises in strategic thinking, innovation, execution, the challenges of building market-focused organisations, and leader development. Narendra has undertaken management development projects for a diverse range of client...
Claire's commercial background is in marketing and innovation. Her marketing experience focussed primarily in the retail sector, where product and brand differentiation are key to success. She worked for Marks and Spencer, Masterfoods, the Arcadia Group and eventually BAA, where she was the group...
Simon Lancaster is one of the world’s top speechwriters. He first became a speechwriter in the late 1990s writing for members of Tony Blair’s Cabinet. He has since written speeches for the CEOs of many of the biggest companies in the world including Unilever, HSBC, Intercontinental Hotels, Rio Ti...
Professor Patricia Riddell is a chartered psychologist who teaches and researches neuroscience at the University of Reading. She was awarded her BSc from the University of Glasgow, and an MSc from Imperial College, before receiving a doctorate in Physiological Sciences from Oxford University. Pat...
For eight years she was Head of Credit & Political Risk Advisory at JLT Specialty where she worked with some of the world’s largest commodity traders, energy companies and financial institutions and was actively involved in new business production in Europe, Africa and the US. Whilst at JLT s...
Giles has undertaken the Professional Certificate in Coaching at Henley Business School and is also studying for an MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change at Henley. His 36-year career includes 10 years in securities sales and trading at Salomon Brothers, NatWest and Swiss Bank Corporation. He w...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.