Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
- Senior executives (e.g. directors, heads of department) about to transition into roles with greater responsibility for driving their organisation's success
- Those already in a general management role who want to expand their capabilities and leadership skills
We welcome participants from the private, public and third sectors.
About the course
Gain the strategic skills and mindset needed to drive organisational success and be an effective leader at the highest level with the Executive Management Programme.
- Put your management and leadership skills to the test with workshops and a live consultancy exercise
- Gain insight into your key management challenges with 1:1 coaching and 360-degree feedback
- Learn to skilfully combine theory and practice to enable you to successfully formulate and roll out strategy
- Strengthen your leadership mindset with interactive sessions on well-being, mindfulness and resilience
Our Executive Management Programme (EMP) is an advanced management and leadership development course for experienced executives.
As well as developing your management skills, the course helps you to boost your self-confidence, stretch your thinking and strengthen your performance. It is ideal if you are moving from a functional/operational management role to a position with more responsibility across your organisation.
Delivered by business experts, academics and practitioners, the EMP balances the theory of key advanced management and leadership disciplines with practical application.
Gain the insights to devise and implement effective strategy in your organisation
Develop the confidence to operate outside your comfort zone
Increase your ability to engage, inspire and influence
Prepare for a more senior management role or professional challenge
Develop effective, motivated and innovative leaders
Gain insights into the latest thinking on strategic business topics
Build a strong leadership framework
See return on investment through Henley's collaboration with a learning partner in your organisation. This person will understand and support the needs of the organisation and the participant, benefitting both
The Executive Management Programme is delivered through a combination of workshops, role-play activities, coaching and self-awareness sessions. You will study as part of a small but diverse cohort of peers, learning from each other’s shared experiences.
The programme takes place over four months, as broken down below:
EMP: Pre-Programme (3-4 weeks)
Three to four weeks before your course starts, you will:
- Collect 360-degree feedback on your strengths and areas for improvement
- Identify a learning partner within your organisation to support you during the course
- Discuss your learning objectives with our Programme Director
Choose your elective topics of study:
- Module 1: Managing Business Risks or Managing Business Finances
- Module 2: Driving Innovation or Building Market Focus
EMP: Module 1 (5 days residential)
Module 1 is delivered on site at Greenlands. These immersive, practical sessions focus on leading self, leading others, and leading the change process.
EMP: Back In Organisation (8-10 weeks)
Between modules you will the opportunity to consolidate and apply the skills and techniques you have learned.
You will also have a 1:1 executive coaching session and additional reading during this time.
EMP: Module 2 (5 days residential)
Module 2 is delivered on site at Greenlands and focuses on leading organisations effectively. ryan
EMP: Post-Programme Activities
To enable you to effectively implement your learning, support from the Programme Director and Henley continue after your course is completed.
- Embedding your personal action plan with support from your organisation's learning partner
- Follow-up call with your Programme Director
- 1:1 executive coaching session
- Access to the virtual learning portal and resources for up to 12 months
Margaret de Lattre is a Business Development Adjunct at Ashridge. Her main interest is in the dynamic of organisation culture, corporate branding and leadership behaviour to drive strategy and organisation performance. She tutors sessions on change management and leadership, organisation culture ...
Professor Andrew Kakabadse joined Henley Business School in July 2013 after 30 years at Cranfield School of Management, where he finished as Professor of International Management Development and was awarded the honour of Emeritus Professor. Andrew has consulted and lectured in the UK, Europe, ...
I have been coaching since 2001, and subsequently extended my experience to coach supervision and training. I have worked with 500+ individuals and supervised 60+ coaches. I have worked with clients on top-level leadership and professional qualification programmes, mainly through Henley Busines...
John Neal is Professor of Practice for the Sports Business Performance. He teaches a range of topics including leadership, team dynamics, coaching, change and personal performance. He is a performance coach who works with the potential of mind, body and spirit. He is also an exercise physiologist...
Narendra Laljani is a management educator, consultant, and CEO coach who specialises in strategic thinking, innovation, execution, the challenges of building market-focused organisations, and leader development. Narendra has undertaken management development projects for a diverse range of client...
Claire's commercial background is in marketing and innovation. Her marketing experience focussed primarily in the retail sector, where product and brand differentiation are key to success. She worked for Marks and Spencer, Masterfoods, the Arcadia Group and eventually BAA, where she was the group...
Simon Lancaster is one of the world’s top speechwriters. He first became a speechwriter in the late 1990s writing for members of Tony Blair’s Cabinet. He has since written speeches for the CEOs of many of the biggest companies in the world including Unilever, HSBC, Intercontinental Hotels, Rio Ti...
Professor Patricia Riddell is a chartered psychologist who teaches and researches neuroscience at the University of Reading. She was awarded her BSc from the University of Glasgow, and an MSc from Imperial College, before receiving a doctorate in Physiological Sciences from Oxford University. Pat...
For eight years she was Head of Credit & Political Risk Advisory at JLT Specialty where she worked with some of the world’s largest commodity traders, energy companies and financial institutions and was actively involved in new business production in Europe, Africa and the US. Whilst at JLT s...
Giles has undertaken the Professional Certificate in Coaching at Henley Business School and is also studying for an MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change at Henley. His 36-year career includes 10 years in securities sales and trading at Salomon Brothers, NatWest and Swiss Bank Corporation. He w...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.