Who should attend
Participation is suited best for senior executives who either are transitioning soon, or have transitioned in the past 12 months and want an opportunity to step back on their transition period. You should be moving into roles at the CEO-1 or CEO-2 levels, e.g., BU head, country CEO, or functional roles such as CFO, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, etc. You will be joined in the session by senior executives from other large companies facing similar challenges. The forum will provide an opportunity for network building, experience sharing, and learning. In order to ensure the time together is discussion-oriented and focused on topics of direct relevance to participants, the number of spaces will be limited to 20. Participation is by invitation only. You will be joined by a McKinsey & Company partner with whom you have a close relationship. In attending this session with your partner and with similar pairs from other leading organizations, you will have access to advice and experience from a broad range of consulting and industry experience and the opportunity to create a unified vision for “what we can apply on Monday” with your closest advisor, accelerating your ability to achieve impact.
About the course
The Executive Transitions Master Class, attended by McKinsey partner/client pairs, is an opportunity for senior executives “in transition” to spend two days having in-depth conversations about where to take their business, how to shift the culture of their organizations, how to build a high performing top team, and how they can maximize their own individual leadership.
Based on our multi-year research effort aimed at “cracking the code” on how transitioning executives can beat the odds, the program shares the most helpful and non-obvious insights from this research in a highly interactive format. Participants will walk away with an integrated plan to get their organization working at full productivity in the desired direction as quickly as possible, including tools, approaches and counter-intuitive insights.
The goal of the program is for participants to walk away with the following:
Have more impact
• Find “hidden” value creation opportunities that previous leaders may have missed
• Gain clarity as to where and how to spend time to make the biggest difference across multiple priorities that need to be managed simultaneously
• Get the right team members in place and build them into a high-performing, high-trust team
• Create buy-in and energy for execution broadly as a result of the co-creative process employed to set direction
Make change sustainable
• Quickly and methodically understand the organizational culture and prioritize needed mindset and behavior shifts
• Make change happen at scale without overloading the organization with initiatives
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.