Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Newly appointed or prospective managers with less than one year of management experience who are interested in mastering basic management skills.
About the course
Be the great boss from the start!
Your former peers are now your direct reports. Do you know how to adopt the mindset of a manager, let go of your previous role and get work done through others? Can you communicate your priorities to your team? Or set mutual goals so you can increase productivity?
This basic management seminar provides you with easy-to-apply tools needed to make a successful transition into your new role. In just two days you will master the practical basic management know-how—and gain the confidence you want—to plan, organize, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate in order to be an effective new manager.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand your new managerial responsibilities—and make a quick, effective transition to your new role
- Establish credibility and effective work styles
- Build alliances with peer managers
- Master the basic management concepts of coaching, communication, motivation, delegation, and performance management
- Practice your listening and feedback skills
- Become an effective member of the management team
What You Will Cover
- Adopting a new manager mindset
- Knowing the expectations of your boss, subordinates, peers, and clients
- Understanding the business, yourself, and others
- Building effective relationships
- Identifying communication approaches to flex with different styles and situations
- Using a structured approach to plan and organize work
- Setting SMART goals and initiatives
- Getting an overview of delegation techniques, knowledge, and attitudes
- Applying methods for setting priorities
- Creating solutions to management challenges
- Define Multiple Roles and Responsibilities of a Manager
- Recognize Behaviors and Styles Used By Oneself and Others
- Use Communication Skills to Build Effective Relationships
- Prioritize and Organize Work to Align with Business Needs and Resources
Adopting a Management Mindset
- Recognize Challenges and Opportunities That New Managers Face
- Identify Expectations of Others—Your Boss, Subordinates, Peers, Clients, Etc.
- Define Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess Confidence in Demonstrating Management Competencies
- Determine Appropriate Methods to Manage Boss Relationships
Develop Strategies to Build Effective Relationships
- Identify Your DiSC® Style
- Identify the Styles of Others
- Recognize the Contributions and Challenges of Different Styles
- Describe Foundation Skills for Managers to Communicate Effectively
- Identify Communication Approaches to Flex with Different Styles and Situations
Getting Work Done
- Use a Structured Approach to Plan and Organize Work
- Identify Management Expectations for a Work Assignment
- Apply Methods to Set Priorities
- Apply Solutions to Management Challenges
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.