Developing and Leading High-Performance Teams
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Columbia Business School.Full disclaimer.
Well-constructed and well-managed teams are a necessity in today's work environment, and organizational success relies upon the ability to both create and lead high-performance teams. This three-day program designed for executives in leadership positions or on the cusp of assuming leadership responsibility integrates and applies Columbia Business School’s thought leadership to prepare you to develop and guide your team to its highest potential.
In a highly interactive learning format, Developing and Leading High-Performance Teams will allow you to immediately apply techniques and tactics to hone your team's strategic objectives and improve your leadership abilities.
You will gain immediately applicable knowledge to better manage your team and its strategic challenges; you will also develop a team success strategy for high performance and a detailed team-meeting plan for desired results by the end of the program.
During this intensive 3-day program, participants will learn to:
- Utilize the success formula for high-performance team leadership
- Leverage your behavioral style as a team leader
- Improve team performance by leveraging your role and your team members roles
- Match the right people to the right tasks
- Apply proven tools for optimal teamwork including communication, decision-making, and learning
- Influence and persuade others to buy in
- Lead change from your current state to your desired future state
- Maximize the potential of diverse teams
- Generate high-quality decisions in order to gain support from key stakeholders who possess unique agendas and interests
- Through an exercise-based curriculum, you will identify direct applications of the learning to your role. You’ll walk away from the program with an action plan for your team, ready to implement improved team leadership and work towards a higher team performance.
You will further benefit from:
- CBS interactive learning process
- Learning from highly acclaimed Executive Education faculty
- Direct application to your strategic challenge
- Tested team tools to optimize your team's performance
The program is structured around three interactive days of learning.
Day one focuses on team leadership and behavior including approaches to a team success formula. Participants take part in simulated meeting exercises to help identify behavioral styles and illustrate common conflicts between them. A toolkit for developing and leading high performance teams will be the takeaway from the day.
Day two addresses different team roles, the importance of team communication, and how to achieve consensus during a team’s decision-making process. Participants are engaged in a series of interactive team decision-making exercises, receiving feedback from faculty and peers. An app will be employed to provide additional feedback on your team dynamics and will be a takeaway tool for your on-the-job application.
The morning of day three is centered on the power of persuasion. Learn how you and your team can leverage persuasion skills to influence stakeholders. The afternoon is dedicated to developing your personal team success strategy. Create an action plan for your return to your organization with a list of tools and concepts designed for immediate application for developing and leading effective teams back home.
Who should attend
This program is designed for team leaders – or soon-to-be team leaders – seeking the knowledge to create diverse, high-performing teams by leveraging frameworks for effective team decision making and putting the right people against the right tasks.