Mastering Interim Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Education as a catalyst for change
As an interim manager, the pressure is high to stay up to date with every issue and every topic in the business world. This programme assists experienced interim managers in gaining an insight in and consolidating knowledge of the core concepts underlying their activities. The possibility to set up a network, to discuss among interim managers and the refreshment of a number of aspects important to interim managers add up to a real return on invesment. Rounded off in 5 days to fit a busy schedule.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the 'Mastering Interim Management' programme?
- Develop a comprehensive set of skills, techniques and fundamental insights into management
- Lay the foundations for success in your organisation and professional career
- Broaden your professional network with like-minded people from all over the world
The programme 'Mastering Interim Management' consists out of 2 modules.
Module 1 - Day 1: Implementing a Winning Business Strategy
- A key objective is to define what strategy is and how to formulate a winning business strategy
- To offer a framework for strategy implementation
- To understand the importance of change management for successful strategy execution
Module 1 - Day 2: Corporate Performance Management
- Deeper understanding of the management control process
- Translating strategy into action
- Defining key performance indicators that capture the strategic drivers of value
- Introducing the Balanced Scorecard as a tool for integrated performance measurement
- Creating a strategy focused organisation
- Explore how to use the Balanced Scorecard for strategy execution
- Visualise the strategy using a strategy map
Module 2 - Day 1: People & HR Management
- Develop your arsenal of HRM tools
- Understand how change has major implications to the organisational structure and the manager’s own performance
- Analyse the need for increased flexibility and willingness to change
- Will project jobs and teamwork replace the traditional roles within a company?
Module 2 - Day 2+3: Change Management
- A key objective is to examine how change is best managed and show the differences between great change management and poor change management
- To understand how managers can have a more positive impact on people’s performance and commitment through the change process
- Know how to increase individual accountability and responsibility in change
THE VLERICK DIFFERENCE
We have a unique approach to learning, which focuses on bringing theory to life, giving you the skills and insight you need to really make a difference. Spend time on our beautiful campuses, and you become part of one of the most active business communities in Europe, learning in a way that will help you to be a more effective and productive business leader throughout your career. Learning at Vlerick really is an experience far away from traditional classroom learning. You’ll work collaboratively with your faculty and fellow participants to bring your ideas to life in a robust and practical way.
Digital − the new normal in business − will also strengthen your learning process. Our online platform ‘Showpad’ and the use of a tablet grant you access to all of the learning materials anywhere, anytime, and enable you to go beyond note-taking: take pictures of the flipchart during a brainstorming exercise, record a video of a role play, participate in a quick poll, create a Wikipage together … and share them on the spot with your group.
Who should attend
The programme 'Mastering Interim Management' is targeted towards managers:
- with at least 10 years of professional experience
- with relevant experience in interim management
- who would like to gain insight into, and consolidate their knowledge of, the core concepts underlying their activities
- who like to expand/build their professional and personal relationships
In order to apply, candidates are invited to click on the 'Apply' button on the right. This admission process has been designed to ensure that:
- Your personal profile fits within the profile of the participant group to optimise learning and exchange of experience;
- The programme will meet your educational needs and professional challenges on both the personal and the organisational levels.