Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Supervisors and non-managerial team heads who want to develop essential skills in supervision and leadership
- High-potential professionals who wish to take the next step in their career
About the course
Act as a Valued Intermediary within your Organization
Sitting at the nexus between non-managerial staff and management, supervisors inhabit a critical position within the organization.
This program develops essential skills for supervising and leading with confidence. Improve your ability to oversee staff, manage priorities and solve problems. Act as a valued intermediary who can communicate smoothly between all levels, ensuring that objectives get heard, tasks get acted upon, and everyone receives the support they need.
Benefits for you
- Make the transition from “doing” to “planning and supervising”
- Rationally apply information to make better decisions
- Ease workloads by organizing priorities, managing disruptions and delegating tasks
- Motivate non-managerial staff to commit to and act on directives sent from above
- Work effectively with all levels of management
- Become a skilled conduit of communication between managers and front-line staff
- Advance your career up the organizational ladder
Online program format
Each day of the program includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time, with ample breaks provided. Sessions are highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. You will also have access to self-directed resources (readings, videos, self-assessments etc.) that you can review at any time.
- The role of the supervisor: supervisors vs. managers, how organizational change affects your role, building your personal plan to become a more effective supervisor
- Essential supervisory leadership skills: leading direct and indirect reports, leading vendors and customers, motivating front-line staff, monitoring staff performance
- Problem solving: types of information to gather and key questions to ask, using critical thinking to evaluate information, problem definition tools for assessing problems correctly
- Workload management: organizing and managing multiple priorities, setting goals for yourself and your team, handing interruptions, delegating tasks to others
- Communicating across the organization: increasing your influence with management, translating objectives and expectations back down the lines, working collaboratively across business units and with other supervisors
You will explore innovative ways to form professional alliances, collaborate on organizational challenges and build strong and lasting solutions.
Robert is a Partner in the Incrementa Group, a strategy, leadership development and business optimization organization. A best-selling author, global speaker, customer advocate and transformational leader, he has more than 25 years of international customer service, marketing and sales experience...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.