Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Senior and middle level sales managers from FMCG, consumer durables, industrial, financial services, and IT/ knowledge sectors.
- Marketing and commercial managers who are responsible for revenues and field level sales operations.
- Retail and category managers.
- Heads of business units, CEOs of small and medium enterprises.
- HR managers responsible for sales HR processes
About the course
Markets are dynamic in nature characterized by intense global competition, pressure on margins, changing customer expectations, fragmented communication channels, and proliferating distribution channels. Sales management in such competitive markets has become a challenge and a key activity for organizations for developing competitive advantage.
In this dynamic environment, the profile of the salesforce has undergone a sea change. The two main recent changes impacting the process are adoption of technology and realignment of distribution function. This has resulted in shifting the focus on selling to the end customer and the retailer as against the distributors or the wholesalers. The art of sales is moving from product sales to problem solution selling. Ensuring a high level of performance of the salesforce would require development of new capabilities besides reassessing the capacities of the current workforce. Organizations are also facing challenges in attracting, developing, motivating and retaining performers, and building teams. In addition, job responsibilities, performance assessment, and incentive compensation needs to be relooked.
This programme will discuss relevant analytical sales management frameworks and examine their applicability for practical solutions. Managers will be urged to examine novel ways of looking at their salesforce and execute strategies that match realities of the market place.
- Understanding customers, markets, and organizational processes from a sales management perspective
- Developing plans for managing the salesforce effectively in order to enhance sales productivity and performance
- Assessing and creating customer value
- Performance and reward management
- Building a value-based sales programme
- Managing and enhancing sales productivity
- Recruiting and training the salesforce
- IT application in sales force management
- Building teams and motivating the salesforce
Educational Qualifications 1992 -1996 Ph.D. The University of Texas at Austin Areas of Interest: Marketing Strategy & International Business 1987-1989 PGDM (MBA with concentration in Marketing & Finance) Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India 1982-1986 Bachelor of Technolog...
Educational Qualifications Fellow (IIMA) B.E. (Chemical Engg.) Academic Affiliation IRMA - Institute of Rural Management, Anand (2001 - 2004) Was appointed a Member of the Governing Board as a faculty representative. National Institute of Construction Management & Research, Mumbai (1984-19...
Educational Qualifications Fellow of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (Management Information Systems) MBA (Ajmer) Marketing Academic Affiliation Government College Ajmer, Rajasthan, India Institute of Management Studies Bikaner, Rajasthan, India Xaviers Institute of Management Bhubane...
Educational Qualifications Masters (HRM), MG University, Kerala Fellow (NIBM, Pune) Academic Affiliation Taught at IIM Lucknow and MDI Gurgaon Professional Affiliation Has professional experience spanning industry, consulting and leading management schools. He has consulted as well as conducte...
Specialization in Organizational Behaviour. Earlier worked in industry for a few years in different line and staff functions, ranging from production, internal audit, HRM, to R&D. He has worked in numerous academic and administrative capacities at IIM Ahmedabad and earlier at IIM Indore. He p...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.