Enhancing Sales Force Performance
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
Markets are dynamic in nature characterized by intense global competition, pressure on margins, changing customer expectations, fragmented communication channels, and proliferating distribution channels. Sales management in such competitive markets has become a challenge and a key activity for organizations for developing competitive advantage.
In this dynamic environment, the profile of the salesforce has undergone a sea change. The two main recent changes impacting the process are adoption of technology and realignment of distribution function. This has resulted in shifting the focus on selling to the end customer and the retailer as against the distributors or the wholesalers. The art of sales is moving from product sales to problem solution selling. Ensuring a high level of performance of the salesforce would require development of new capabilities besides reassessing the capacities of the current workforce. Organizations are also facing challenges in attracting, developing, motivating and retaining performers, and building teams. In addition, job responsibilities, performance assessment, and incentive compensation needs to be relooked.
This programme will discuss relevant analytical sales management frameworks and examine their applicability for practical solutions. Managers will be urged to examine novel ways of looking at their salesforce and execute strategies that match realities of the market place.
- Understanding customers, markets, and organizational processes from a sales management perspective
- Developing plans for managing the salesforce effectively in order to enhance sales productivity and performance
- Assessing and creating customer value
- Performance and reward management
- Building a value-based sales programme
- Managing and enhancing sales productivity
- Recruiting and training the salesforce
- IT application in sales force management
- Building teams and motivating the salesforce
Who should attend
- Senior and middle level sales managers from FMCG, consumer durables, industrial, financial services, and IT/ knowledge sectors.
- Marketing and commercial managers who are responsible for revenues and field level sales operations.
- Retail and category managers.
- Heads of business units, CEOs of small and medium enterprises.
- HR managers responsible for sales HR processes