Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Entry-level to senior HR and business professionals
- Business and employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
About the course
Learn to use your emotional intelligence to interact with others, solve problems, and achieve higher performance.
Emotional Intelligence ("EI") is the ability to harness your emotions in sensing, understanding, and responding adeptly to social cues in your environment. It is often referred to as "common sense" that allows one to relate to people and get along in the world. And research has shown that EI is a far better predictor of success than IQ.
Emotional intelligence is what every leader uses to make pivotal decisions, plan projects and initiatives, solve problems, interact with clients, set performance expectations, communicate feedback, and interact with colleagues of all levels.
While your IQ will remain stable for most of your life, you can develop and perfect the competencies associated with EI to achieve higher performance as a leader. This workshop will show you how.
- Utilizing EI to boost staff morale and motivation, performance, feedback and talent retention
- Your EI Profile: Debrief the results and develop an action plan to enhance your EQ
- Scientific findings in detecting social cues
- Emotions and Logic: their combined effect on logic and judgment
- Case studies of high EI performers
- Reading others and seeing beyond what others want you to see
- Using EI to leave the right impression on others
Patricia Harmon is an organizational development consultant and works as a business analyst, facilitator and executive coach. She has designed and conducted advanced thinking workshops for North American organizations such as Deutsche Bank, Estee Lauder, Goldman, Sachs, J P Morgan Chase, Johnson ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.