Developing Your Emotional Intelligence
Leverage emotional intelligence training to position yourself for personal, team, and organizational success
Without strong and effective relationships in business, today’s fast-paced, team-based and global work environments can’t function with peak efficiency. Maximum results will not be achieved. Emotional Intelligence (EI) competencies are at the heart of effective workplace relationships and productivity. Today we use EI as an integrated set of skills that underpin highly effective, fast-reacting and innovative organizations.
This emotional intelligence seminar emphasizes the practical application of EI concepts rather than just focusing on theory. Through your active participation, you will learn and practice the EI skills that are the core of achieving personal awareness, connecting with others, managing stress, engaging healthy conflict and collaboration, and exhibiting resilience and optimism.
How You Will Benefit
- Recognize and consciously use emotional data that shapes your professional behavioral responses
- Identify and manage emotional behaviors that impact your work-based relationships and situations
- Integrate empathy to promote strong team player attributes and communication
- Apply emotional insights to decipher and better manage yourself within the organization
- Implement emotionally intelligent insights to improve personal decision making and professional contributions
What You Will Cover
Expanding Emotionally Intelligent Personal Awareness
- Identifying and naming emotions and their levels of intensity
- Analyzing emotions from their cognitive and physiological manifestations
- Recognizing emotional igniters and applying emotionally intelligent regulation strategies
Developing Relationships and Personal Impact through Emotional Intelligence
- Identifying the impact our emotional intelligence has on connecting with others
- Applying emotionally intelligent communication skills to relationship building and maintenance
- Practicing listening skills that build and maintain empathy
Demonstrating Emotionally Intelligent Stress Management and Resilience
- Recognizing stress as a complex set of emotional and physical responses that can have varied results
- Practicing proactive stress management techniques to stay emotionally well balanced
- Defining resilience and how it impacts effectiveness at work
Achieving Healthy Conflict and Collaboration Through Emotional Intelligence
- Recognizing the central role of relationship development and maintenance in achieving healthy conflict
- Identifying emotionally intelligent strategies for maintaining healthy conflict
- Demonstrating a collaborative attitude at work through application of emotional intelligence
Bringing It All Together
- Synthesizing emotionally intelligent competencies to address complex EI challenges and opportunities
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to maximize their performance, as well as personal and business success, by increasing emotion management and self-understanding through EI skills.
Senior managers and leaders who want to apply EI skills to their leadership roles should register for Leading with Emotional Intelligence (seminar #2133).