Who should attend
This program is designed for employees at every level of the organization.
About the course
Organizational leaders recognize the value of providing feedback. Research shows that employees want to receive feedback. So, why is it the most avoided managerial behavior? Simply put, leaders lack the courage and skills to provide eff ective feedback to their colleagues.
Providing feedback—both reinforcing and redirecting—is a proven vehicle for better performance management, employee engagement, and employee commitment; all of which have a direct impact on organizational results. When delivered with skill, feedback is a powerful tool for organizations and employees.
Elevating Feedback is a half-day workshop that gives employees at all levels of the organization the skills to improve the feedback experience. Prior to the workshop, participants will take the Feedback Preferences Survey designed to capture their propensity on several dimensions assessing giving and receiving feedback. During the workshop, a Zenger Folkman or certifi ed client facilitator will help each participant to:
- Identify the personal and business benefi ts of providing eff ective feedback
- Understand why providing feedback is so hard
- Refl ect on how preference and behavior impact the ability to give and receive feedback
- Use best practices for providing meaningful reinforcing feedback
- Use the FUEL model as a framework for providing redirecting feedback
- Create a personal feedback action plan
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.