Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for current leaders at all levels as well as those aspiring to become leaders. Perfect for those who must achieve strategic results and are asking “what do great leaders do to engage and align people around them?” The content applies to all types of organizations from small businesses to multinationals.
About the course
Organizations demand a high degree of agility, relationship building, and integrity from their leaders. In this powerful seminar, you will take a close look at key leadership challenges you currently face with the goal of developing strategies and an action plan for success.
The focus of this program is developing the vital leadership competencies needed to communicate your organization’s vision, make eﬀective decisions with the collaboration of others, and nurture resilience and positive performance in those around you.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Understand key leadership models/behaviours and learn how they fit in with your style and environment
- Develop a broad view of the organization that supports employee engagement
- Enhance others’ perception of you as a leader with integrity
- Build a leadership toolkit to increase resilience
- Create the right culture to support your strategy
- Practice key skills to stimulate motivation and recognition in employees
- Learn how to shape strategy and communicate it to your team and colleagues
Topics covered in this course
Introduction – A Fresh Look at Leadership
- Redefining assumptions about leadership
- Current trends - the evolving role and mindset of leaders
- Defining what exemplary leadership means for you and others
Leadership Models and Styles
- Overview of successful leadership models and styles
- Self-evaluation of your style - Gaining personal discoveries about you as a leader
- Discovering characteristics that help your style flourish
Matching Leadership to Different Settings
- Matching your style to corporate culture, values and expectations
- Positioning yourself as a leader with any audience
- Applying different mixes of leadership according to the context
Collaboration, Influence, and Inspiration
- Understanding human behavior, key motivators and how to influence them
- Gaining commitment and enhancing others’ perception of you as a leader with integrity
- Creating a vision to foster excellence - inspiring people toward a promising future
Facing Today’s Challenges and Trends
- Key competencies you must develop to stay on top of your game
- Managing generational expectations
- Strategizing for human capital recruitment and retention
The Resilient Leader
- Building resilience and bouncing back from setbacks
- Heightening awareness for personal and organizational transformation
- Convincing different people to buy in to strategic change
Taking Action - A Personal Plan for Your Leadership Challenge
- Fine-tuning and testing your leadership competencies
- Preparing your action plan to implement on the job
- Habits and processes to continually improve as a leader
Jerry Remillard specializes in team dynamics and implementation of business strategies in the workplace. He is a coach, trainer and consultant, acquiring his corporate skills and knowledge in such well-known corporations as Kraft Foods, Domtar, and Catelli. Through McGill and his own firm, JR Man...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.