Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
Inspirational Leadership is designed for high potential executives at middle-management level, who are taking on greater leadership responsibilities in their career and who need to be able to work through others to build personal and team success. A typical participant on this program has experience managing a team and is keen to further enhance their leadership impact. This program is also suitable for individuals preparing to take on greater leader responsibilities within their organization.
About the course
- Get to know your leadership styles, your strengths and weaknesses
- Build the strong team bonds you need to become a more successful leader
- Manage conflict and clear away obstacles to facilitate teamwork
- Develop resilience so that you can achieve your long-term goals
Accelerate your leadership impact – lead yourself and others to sustained success
How often do you take the time to reflect on your leadership style, your vision, and the impact you can make on your team and organization? Inspirational Leadership provides you with an opportunity to expand your leadership skills and enrich the way you mobilize others.
You will examine your individual leadership strengths and weaknesses and learn how to be a more grounded leader. The program equips you with the essential tools to build strong relationships with your team, increase engagement and shape a culture of high performance. You will learn to lead your people by coaching them and helping them develop their potential. Led by former hostage negotiator, George Kohlrieser, the course provides you with applicable insights on handling difficult conversations and persuading through dialogue and negotiation.
You will also explore how to remain resilient in the face of adversity, adopting new ways of approaching challenges and overcoming obstacles in your own professional context. The new insights and skills you develop will impact your team’s performance and will empower you to lead with more clarity and conviction
Inspirational Leadership - Your Learning Journey
Unit 1: Why am I here?
- Meet other participants and enhance your understanding of who you are, how you are perceived and how you operate as a leader.
- Review your 360 feedback report and reflect on your successes and challenges as a leader.
- Learn the behaviors of high-performing leaders.
Unit 2: Leading myself
- Consider how you as a leader and your relationship with team members relate to engagement.
- Discuss your 360 feedback with your coach. Look at types of motivation and discuss how leaders manage their internal state.
- Learn about leading from your mind’s eye and training your brain.
Unit 3: Leading others
- Discover practical ideas and tools that can help with leadership.
- Examine the importance of building bonds to successful leadership and look at how to engage and influence others.
- Learn how to have difficult conversations and prepare for a challenging interaction you are facing at work.
Unit 4: Leading teams
- Reflect on the way leadership styles affect teams and on the leadership impact you want to have.
- Learn about blocks to dialogue that can reduce effective teamwork.
- Analyze a team meeting and your own team’s dynamics as they relate to a culture of high performance.
Unit 5: Managing conflicts
- Learn to manage conflict and challenge the idea that conflict is fundamentally negative.
- Observe and discuss conflict situations and identify constructive strategies for handling them.
- Reflect on sources of conflict in your current professional context.
Unit 6: Leader as coach
- Consider the idea that leaders must be able to coach others to develop their potential.
- Look at the concept of continuous learning and whether talent is innate or learned.
- Observe, prepare for and then conduct a coaching session.
Unit 7: Developing resilience
- Learn how to build resilience, overcome setbacks and weather storms.
- Think about sources of stress and discover strategies for coping with them.
- Identify personal stressors and learn to manage your own stress and work-life integration with your group.
Unit 8: The road ahead
- Review lessons from the whole program, decide how to keep learning and your own action plan for the road ahead.
- Check that you have submitted all assignments, including your weekly learning journals, to show how you’ve applied your learning to your professional context.
Supporting you on your Inspirational Leadership online program journey
You will have a dedicated learning coach, making sure you receive a highly individualized learning experience.
Your professional learning coach accompanies you through your 8-week learning journey on this Inspirational Leadership online course. They provide support and feedback as you apply your learning directly into your workplace, where it has an immediate impact.
Their input helps you translate your learning to your particular context. By spreading this feedback regularly throughout the program, you'll be sure to embed your ongoing learning directly in your daily work.
Your professional learning coach interacts with you via video, in writing, and over the phone. You have calls, spread across the 8-weeks, at intervals that consolidate your learning.
Your learning coach helps you
- Define your learning objectives
- Review your progress on a weekly basis
- Overcome your challenges
- Translate what you learn to your own context
George Kohlrieser is an organizational and clinical psychologist. He is Professor of Leadership and Organizational Behaviour at IMD and consultant to several global companies including Accenture, Amer Sports, Borealis, Cisco, Coca-Cola, HP, Hitachi, IBM, IFC, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Morgan Stanley, Mot...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.