Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IMD Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
- Get to know your leadership styles, your strengths and weaknesses
- Build the strong team bonds you need to become a more successful leader
- Manage conflict and clear away obstacles to facilitate teamwork
- Develop resilience so that you can achieve your long-term goals
Learn proven leadership skills with this personalized online leadership program
As a high-potential executive taking on greater responsibilities, you want to learn the skills that will make you a more effective leader. You need to be able to bring out the best in others to build personal and team success.
Learning Leadership provides you with the essential tools to understand your own leadership style, and build stronger relationships with your team. The course includes both theoretical and practical learning, helping you master new ways to approach challenges and overcome obstacles in your own professional context.
You will upgrade your power to influence and persuade through dialogue and negotiation. The new insights and skills you develop will impact your team’s performance - and your own success.
Learning Leadership - your learning journey
This online course is 8 weeks long. It's long enough for you to apply to your own working context what you learn and to master leadership skills that will bring you personal and team success. Over the 8 weeks of courses, here's what you will learn:
Unit 1: Why am I here?
- Meet other participants and enhance your understanding of who you are, how you are perceived and how you operate as a leader.
- Review your 360 feedback report and reflect on your successes and challenges as a leader.
- Learn the behaviors of high-performing leaders.
Unit 2: Leading myself
- Consider how you as a leader and your relationship with team members relate to engagement.
- Discuss your 360 feedback with your coach. Look at types of motivation and discuss how leaders manage their internal state.
- Learn about leading from your mind’s eye and training your brain.
Unit 3: Leading others
- Discover practical ideas and tools that can help with leadership.
- Examine the importance of building bonds to successful leadership and look at how to engage and influence others.
- Learn how to have difficult conversations and prepare for a challenging interaction you are facing at work.
Unit 4: Leading teams
- Reflect on the way leadership styles affect teams and on the leadership impact you want to have.
- Learn about blocks to dialogue that can reduce effective teamwork.
- Analyze a team meeting and your own team’s dynamics as they relate to a culture of high performance.
Unit 5: Managing conflicts
- Learn to manage conflict and challenge the idea that conflict is fundamentally negative.
- Observe and discuss conflict situations and identify constructive strategies for handling them.
- Reflect on sources of conflict in your current professional context.
Unit 6: Leader as coach
- Consider the idea that leaders must be able to coach others to develop their potential.
- Look at the concept of continuous learning and whether talent is innate or learned.
- Observe, prepare for and then conduct a coaching session.
Unit 7: Developing resilience
- Learn how to build resilience, overcome setbacks and weather storms.
- Think about sources of stress and discover strategies for coping with them.
- Identify personal stressors and learn to manage your own stress and work-life integration with your group.
Unit 8: The road ahead
- Review lessons from the whole program, decide how to keep learning and your own action plan for the road ahead.
- Check that you have submitted all assignments, including your weekly learning journals, to show how you’ve applied your learning to your professional context.
Your Learning Coach
How we are helping you
You will have a dedicated learning coach, making sure you receive a highly individualized learning experience.
Your designated Learning Leadership coach accompanies you through your 8-week learning journey. You begin with a pre-program preparation phase which includes setting up a 360° feedback process. Your dedicated coach then provides support and feedback as you apply your learning straight away in the workplace, where it has an immediate impact.
Their input helps you translate your learning to your particular context. By spreading this feedback regularly throughout the program, you'll be sure to embed your ongoing learning directly in your daily work.
Your learning coach interacts with you via video, in writing and over the phone. You have calls, spread across the 8 weeks, at intervals that consolidate your learning.
Your learning coach helps you:
- Define your learning objectives
- Review your progress on a weekly basis
- Overcome your challenges
- Translate what you learn to your own context
Who should attend
This program is designed for high potential executives at middle management level, who are taking on greater leadership responsibilities in their career and who need to be able to work through others to build personal and team success. A typical participant has experience managing a team and is keen to further enhance their leadership impact. This program is also suitable for individuals preparing to take on greater leader responsibilities within their organization.
Trust the experts
George Kohlrieser is an organizational and clinical psychologist. He is Professor of Leadership and Organizational Behaviour at IMD and consultant to several global companies including Accenture, Amer Sports, Borealis, Cisco, Coca-Cola, HP, Hitachi, IBM, IFC, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Morgan Stanley, Mot...
LEARNING LEADERSHIP online program from IMD - Maximize your leadership potential
IMD - Online Business Courses with Personal Coaching
Learning Leadership program clip - Discover the 6 leadership styles
IMD Online Programs: Participant feedback